Horder - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Horder

I wonder what should I do i went to drop off another animal that I have found a home for at a friends house.
Well I smelled this awful smell and asked her what that was she said it was a horder nest door it smelled bad she said she has 25 dogs in her house
Now I have a lot of animals at time also but my house has never smelled like that from the inside much less from the nieghbor.
My question is what should I do I know I should call the aspce but it is the weekend.
She said that lady takes in every dog she sees.
i am worried about the well being of the dogs and the ladys.
Should I go talk to her I dont even know this person or should I just call on monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Honestly, if she's had them this long a few days isn't going to make much difference. I don't think talking will do all that much good either. I would contact the ASPCA (or whatever sort of animal control / humane society you have in your area) and let them deal with it.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

I agree. Call them on Monday. Don't intervene yourself. First of all, you have no legal right to do so, unless the animals come onto your property. Secondly, it could be dangerous for you if the person takes umbrage at your interference. Your concern for the animals is commendable, but let the authorities deal with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Premier Cat

The ASPCA can deal with this in a legal manner and has the resources to sieze the dogs and get them help. Thank you for being proactive and caring. Keep us updated.

Weve had two huge hoarding cases errupt in Tucson lately. It always amazed me hearing neighbors say I had no idea.. or lamely say I heard alot of barking and it smelled.. Hellllooooo.. I get so frustrated.

I know Hoarding is a mental illness but those who sit by and do nothing boggles my mind. I would bet if you tried to reason with this person they wouldnt be capible of admitting they need help or that things are out of control.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Premier Cat

what always makes me sad about these hoarder cases is that - from what i understand - the person in question only ever has good intentions. He or she takes in all these needy animals but often cant afford to neuter them and so they do what intact furbabies do and hey presto - you have 50 cats in one house. or 30 dogs. Or 100 rabbits etc.

From what i have seen on tv, they usually know its all gone a bit wrong and are grateful for the help given when they are 'found out' by the authorities.

I agree with the others. Call the relevant authorities,

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Well I talk to my friend who in turn had talk to the women
I now own a puppy who is going to the vet this morning
she had a litter of 12 that we got real proactive and found homes for all of them they are the little mouthy dogs chicauwau I have no idea how to spell it
So those puppys are out of the situation and in real good homes.
But my friend said she went inside she count 15 and then there were a few that were in the bedroom.
Well my new pups name is shadow
I will most likely keep him
So I will be calling the spca monday she is a old disabled lady

I will keep yall posted at least we got the puppys out yester they are 10 weeeks old born feb 3
And all relativly healthy they were still drinking off mom
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Thank you for caring...and for helping!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
It's great you want to help...Keep us updated!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Premier Cat

Is the mom going to be spayed. Will the woman let you. She might have dogs or cat hidden in other rooms or basement. Ive seen this before. Any pictures of your new puppy?

Chihauhaus are very popular where Im currently living. I think that is how you spell it! Im the world worst speller.

There is a spay/neuter clinic in our area. They have "free fix for Felix" day and "Free fix for Fido" day also. Maybe you could find something like this in your area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page