Hey everybody - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Hey everybody

Long time no type

Its been a rough few months for me ..... after suspecting I have bipolar disorder , my wheels came off before Christmas and I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar 1 ..... sheesh .. at my age its hard to deal with ...

Okay so after taking 6 weeks to get stabilised on the medication , my 20 year old sons girlfriend ( who was pregnant with twins) has her babies .. 2 days later one of the twins passed away , which was absoluty dreadful .... losing that little baby

My son of course being only 20 couldnt cope and I had to fly up to the city where they live to help out .... meeting his girlfriend Sandy was great , a lovely girl .... and we have become very close the surviving twin Hailey is doing very well ... and is a fat and happy baby , she is a month old now

My son who I also suspected is bipolar , loses his job , and I manage to get him diagnosed and he is also bipolar .... so ....... it aint stopping.

Then our peaceful lives on the farm gets thrown into total turmoil .. now in SA we have what is known as land claims .... basically the "previous inhabitants of the particular area have life long claim on the land it doesnt seem to matter if they last lived here 400 years ago they have rights ... so this farm is under land claims ... 25000 hectares of prime farming land will soon be given back to its "rightful" owners and my hubby will no longer have a job ... besides that .... these same people are threatening to burn the farm and all the houses on it!!!! so we are no longer safe at all.

I want to run away sometimes and hide in a dark corner

Hubs fortunately is an artisan( tradesperson) for which there is a HUGE shortage here so finding another job will be easy for him , its the disruption in our lives that has me totally frazzled. It means having to go back to the city which I dont like at all ... I will have to adjust , but its not a nice thought.

So thats basically it ..... it hasnt been fun , and im trying very hard to be positive about life ....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, Carol, I'm so sorry about your grandbaby who passed.

And so happy about Hailey.

That's terrible about your farm. I hope you and your family stay safe and things start to turn around for you. You'll all be in my prayers.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Carol
Welcome back. Ive wondered where you were and how your kitties are doing. I miss your posts in the feral cat section.

My sister is bipolar. Its a hard disease to cope with. My heart goes out to you. Thank God you were there for your son and his SO and new baby. How heart breaking.

My sister lived in Lasotho for 3 yrs. Alot of changes going on in your area of the world. It has to be hard to give up your land. So unfair. Plus dealing with it with all else that has been going on in your life. My prayers are with you.

Glad you are back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Carol, God bless you. I'm so very sorry. This has been a terrible time for you, and my heart is with you. I'm praying for you.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Landclaims suck, we've had Aborigines claim land just to turn around and sell it again to make money.

Im so sorry to hear your going through so much at the moment, as they say, when it rains it pours, hang in there!

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry that you have gone through so much turmoil and heartache. I hope that things begin to take a turn for the better. PLease stay safe.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
*HUGS* Sorry you're going through this. I will be Praying for you, your family, and here's to hoping everything turns around! So sorry to hear about the Twin. God Bless you and yours, and it's great to have you back though!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page