Could use some warm thoughts and prayers - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Could use some warm thoughts and prayers

Sorry guys but I am really down tonight and looking for a place to let out my feelings. As some of you know, I lost my first baby in September. I already knew April would be a hard month for me because that's when the baby would have been due, plus I haven't been able to get pregnant again which is upsetting to me.

My husband's sister called tonight to tell us that she is 5 months pregnant. She just found out a month ago and it's with her boyfriend who she is not really that serious about. I feel kind of selfish for even thinking of my own feelings, as I know life is not easy for her. She was just starting to try and get her life together and go to school and definitely was not planning this. But I am just so jealous that she is pregnant and I am not. She gets to have what I want so desperately.

I have to pull myself together somehow and be supportive for her sake because I know very few people will (my husband's family is very upset about it). I'm just not sure how I can do that when it broke my heart just to hear her talk about her baby.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 AM

I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this. I can't even imagine how difficult it is for you. Although I have never lost a child, through work I've have been around it enough to see how devastating it can be on a family, especially the mother. It is especially frustrating and disappointing when you can't get pregnant and those around you can (That I have experienced, my younger sister got pregnant last spring with a guy that she'd known for 2 weeks. I was devastated and jealous) ::Hugs::
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry, Shannon

While I haven't lost a baby myself, I was pregnant along with a friend, and our due sates were about a month apart. She then lost her baby at 35 weeks It was horrible -- it wasn't the first baby she'd lost, and all our friends were pregnant. I don't know how she got through it. I know she found alot of comfort through a support group of women who'd lost babies. Perhaps that would be helpful to you as well.

It's wonderful that you want to be there for your SIL despite the pain it's causing you. You are a good person to care about her

Sending lots of hugs your way.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Sometimes being strong is very hard, and I send you lots of good thoughts and hugs!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I'm so very sorry Shannon. *Hugs* We're all here for you...You know that!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Shannon, you are an angel to support your SIL. I pray that you will be blessed with a healthy baby also. God bless.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Premier Cat

I understand how you are feeling. I lost a pregnancy at 19 weeks and several of my friends were pregnant at the same time. I had such a hard time as their pregnancies progressed.

I had 2 other pregnancies that didn't make it past 10 weeks within the next year and a half. It just didn't seem fair. I would watch women come into the OB dept and have babies that they couldn't afford, didn't want, etc.

You just have to learn to get through each moment. As time passes it does get better, I promise. It just seems like it won't right now.

I am sending hugs to you, and wish you peace. If I can be of help to you, feel free to PM me.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page