YAY!!! Wooohoooooooo! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

YAY!!! Wooohoooooooo!

Quick, find a happy thought for the day and share it! What good has happened for you in the last week, or will happen in the upcoming week? Now that you've opened this thread, you'll have to post a happy thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Cat Addict

Aw man! I've been tricked!

Well, I had a horse show yesterday, first of the year. My mare and I compete over crossrails at this point, and in a field of nine very competitive teens and kidlings, I took a first, second, fifth, and sixth. My first blue ribbon over fences! I was so, so thrilled. I missed Reserve Champion by only three points.

I used to feel silly competing against kids. Worst case, I get beat by a bunch of kids. Best case... I beat a bunch of kids. But riding skill evolves so quickly in talented kids that I'll probably be competing against them for many years to come. I learned to get over it.

There's my good! Oh, and also, I get to sleep in tomorrow. But I like my horse show memories more.

Someone else! Your turn! Go!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Congrats! That's fantastic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Roritherat
The first happy thought that comes to mind is the warm happy kitten who happens to be snoozing in my lap as I type this (Right now Titus is being more the "cuddley orange kitty of dreamland" than the "crazy orange kitty of dooooooom")

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Premier Cat

Well, let's see. Zoey is here with us, that makes me very happy! We are also going to be doing some financial things with our home loan on tuesday, that will help us pay things off much faster than expected. We're already planning for retirment!

My most happy for this weekend though. Hubby has been working so hard on this barn, and it's coming together slow but sure. He completed a row of stalls for my mini boys this weekend. Still some things to do on them, like handles and such, but I think they look awesome! We're getting ready to take in a couple rescue horses, so we need the extra pens! He's put all his time into these the last 3 weeks, and I'm so proud of him!

By the time we get the all the fill that needs to be hauled in, and the concrete isleway in, the stall doors will be flush with the top. They'll have to be moved up. One step at a time though! Lots to finish on this barn before that happens.

Congrats aphrodeia on your accomplishments!!!!!!! That's awesome!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Premier Cat

Our 86yr old neighbor brought his tractor over this morning to have Hubby weld his broken brush-guard. We told him of my surgery and when his tractor was finished, he drove home to exchange his plow-share for the scraper and came back and spread my manure pile around the pasture for me!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

That was really nice of him, Heidi!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
That was really nice of him, Heidi!
It was! It was SO nice, I won't even mention the dent he put in the barn. (I won't mention it to him, but I can mention it here...)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 AM
Banned

Lol.... my happy thoughts got a thread of their own (I am BUZZING).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Cool Cat

Geri, your barn is so cute, it's all mini!!

Aphrodeia, that's great! Not only your ribbons, but your humility and courage. I took riding lessons on and off from the age of about 11 to 19 but since it was so sporadic I didn't improve much, and since I couldn't afford private lessons, I found myself in a class with kids ten years younger than me - which is hard to swallow as a know-it-all teenager. Congrats again.

My good news... a week ago Friday I found out that I received the government grant that will allow me to work on ongoing harbour seal research this summer! I'm so excited because I don't know anything about marine mammals so I'm going to learn so much. Things have changed a lot since I posted that thread in the fall moaning about a lack of places to work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page