The morning has been less then lovely - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

The morning has been less then lovely

Had a job interview this morning, my dad has been bending over backwards to get me this interview with the company he works for and I finally hear back from them (it's taken 6 months and two previous interviews, and I still have a drug test and a physical test to do if I get hired). Just about to leave and am in no way in a rush as its only a 10-15 minute drive from the house if I take the 401. Well just as I'm leaving what do I hear? "401 has been shut down due to a major accident involving a tractor trailer roll over and fire" I flipped out, ran back upstairs to find another way to get there which at this point is going to be useless because any other way is going to be backed up. Mom phones to make sure I heard and that I had another way of getting there, hang up start driving half an hour later I'm only 3 minutes up the road from the house and freaking out because I'm going to be late and not get the job now. Phone mom, she says she'll call my dad's manager and he should be able to get in touch with the guy that was supposed to interview me and it wouldn't be looked down upon if I'm late.

She calls back, I still haven't moved, says everything is OK, they understand. I relax... slightly. Over an hour later I get there and the interview lasts 10-15mins... if even that.

Hop in the car, thinking I'm being smart I take the same way back as the other lane was clear coming in and I was sure the 401 was still clogged. Another hour until I finally pulled into the drive. I was spitting angry, as I was sure it was some jerk truck driver pushing his weight around on the highway that caused the accident as most truck drivers around here don't care if your beside them or not when they want to come over in your lane they just come on over and you better move quick.

To say the least I think I completely screwed up on the interview as I was so upset about being late and he didn't help with being so cold and stiff. Ugh, I can't stand people like that they make me nervous and I was nervous enough already.

So I check on some news sites to see what happened and wanting to confirm my thoughts. They haven't an idea yet what really went down but from what I have gathered the semi carrying the pigs was involved in a accident with a small car and a pick-up truck and some 50 pigs "spilled" onto the highway forcing police to close down both sides of the highway for over two hours so they could herd the pigs into another truck. Two of the people have been seriously injuried but there is no other news about it. I'm hoping they will be OK. I feel sorry for those poor pigs as well...

I feel awful for being so upset now when I think of those people that were involved and those poor pigs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sorry to hear about all that! It's Murphy's Law of interviewing -- if traffic can screw you over, it will. Well, if the guy was cold and stiff he's probably not someone you would want to work for anyway. And who knows, it may have gone better than you think. Good luck with it . . .

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

If he was really that cold and stiff he was probably dead, and not worth bothering with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 PM

man....things always happen in threes...

highway shuts due to huge accident
alternate route takes an extra hour
...and pigs...

i wouldnt worry about the job, you probably did fine. jobs like those tend to take a long time to get but you benefit greatly from them. have faith in yourself. obviously if they have interviewed you multiple times they see something they like in you...so have faith
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like one of those pigs took quite a tumble and landed in your interviewer's chair.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Nobody likes him there but if I get hired alot of people hardly ever deal with him as he's up in the office and everyone else is in the warehouse adn have a manager down there to go to with problems, etc. So I wouldn't have to deal with him unless there was some big trouble.

True Willow, they have two interviews before sending you to the big guy/pig and I'm guessing by that point they have it pretty worked out who big guy is going to like and who he isn't.

It would just be an awsome job, great pay, benefits, vacation time, they have warehouses all over the place so if I wanted to move I could stay within the company just to go a different building. I'd start at 6am and finish by 2pm, gives me a good part of the day to spend with my babies and get things done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
If he was really that cold and stiff he was probably dead, and not worth bothering with
Well if he wasn't dead he wasn't pretty close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Sounds like one of those pigs took quite a tumble and landed in your interviewer's chair.
I think so too.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Premier Cat

Yikes, not an easy day at all! I really hope you get the job after all that, sounds like the pay and benefits would be worth it for you! Keep us posted!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

It would be great and I'd be able to afford a newer car as mine is looking pretty bad. I was told to invest in a tank for my next car.

I now have to wait 10 business days to know if they want to hire me or not. I don't understand why it takes so long. Then they take a strand of hair and send it to a Lab in Cali. Are there no Labs here in Canada to do the same test jeez. Oh well, hopefully all this will be worth it!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Premier Cat

It amazes me all the loopholes you have to go through to get a job. Do you have to go to a dr's office to get the hair follicle done, or do you just send it in yourself?

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

It's insane, this has been going on for 6 months or so now.

They have a nurse that comes in to get the hair follicle and then they send it out.

Then depending on what that test says (which I have no worries about it) I then get to do another test to see how fit I am, yet I'll be driving a pump truck type machine and wont be lifting anything.

I thinks it a little overkill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page