Bumps On Foot - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Bumps On Foot

Every once in a blue moon, I will get bumps on my foot. It just feels like it's a swollen area either on the heel, under big toe or near pinky toe. It's pretty red & sometimes itchy & painful. What the heck is this?

If I keep touching it, it'll get itchier & the swollen bump bigger. If I manage not to touch it, eventually after an hour or so it will go away. I also notice that when my foot sweats alot in a sock, it happened once or twice too. Anyone have something similar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM

sounds like what get but on my fingers....and its irritating. it itches, it hurts and sometimes it even blisters, little bumps.

I call them stress bumps because they flare up for me whenever my body is under stress. My doctor told me it was because i have a reaction to the chemical released when im stressed and my body is trying to expell what it doesnt like by pushing it to my outer extremities and out.

Stress for me is aggravated physical activity or mental stress or just not feeling well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Premier Cat

could they be chilblains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilblain

I used to get them as a child.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

My sister had this problem. We had to have her put down. It was really quite sad. Except that I got her room.

Sorry, I'm no help at all. Hopefully, Allie is.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Hmm, I guess it could be stress related but this also happens when I get drunk sometimes too lol.

I read the chiblains link & it doesn't seem like that, plus mine happens more when it's hot & sweaty. As for the picture, it looks more like the big toe area, just swollen & little red & roundish.

Marie - did your sister really have this condition? What? You put her down? Oh no
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

I put her down under a pillow. Not for long. Little brat is still around.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Cool Cat

There is some kind of rash that you can get from sweating - I think they call it prickly heat. But I don't remember it being described quite like that.

My skin is a sensitive freak, so I tend to break out in all kinds of weird and random rashes for no good reason. I've given up going to the doctor because they can't tell me what causes it (other than stress, a virus, or some allergen), so I just slather on the cortisone and anti-itch gel and wait for it to go away.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Cat Addict

This reminds me of a little mystery I had on my hands - little painful itchy bumps - from using a new shampoo with orange zest in it. Turns out I have gradually become sensitive to citrus over the years! I was using this shampoo with grapefruit and orange in it (smelled wonderful), and then bought the matching conditioner. As soon as I started using the conditioner along with the shampoo, my hands started breaking out. It took me a week to figure it out. After I realized, I actually also noticed that my scalp would feel crawly while I washed my hair! Weird!

Fran

P.S. You'd think I'd learn! Sometime later we found some radical-looking orange juice at Trader Joes - Spanish blood orange juice, beautiful color - almost red. So I tried it, along with our son Jamie. Well, the roof of my mouth burned for two days and then went numb for a month. I thought I was going to lose my teeth....I don't forget about citrus anymore!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I put her down under a pillow. Not for long. Little brat is still around.
Glad to hear she's not really dead

It sounds like I might have prickly feet haha, prickly heat. But I saw one picture & it certainly doesn't look like little red dots.

Fran, you are so funny! I think people are always attracted to what they can't have. I had a spanish blood orange once & it turned my fingers red & I was scared I was going to ruin my shirt by eating it
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
My sister had this problem. We had to have her put down. It was really quite sad. Except that I got her room.

Sorry, I'm no help at all. Hopefully, Allie is.
I believed you for a second LOL.
I don't know either but I hope it gets to feel better soon!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page