Little Momma update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Little Momma update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac*
Acutally she looks very similar to a Border Collie in the way she's walking with her head down, and tail tucked. I've known and seen many who walk like that and have never been mishandled though with her trust issues she probably has.
I'm really glad to hear that, I didn't know that about Border Collies. It was sad to think that she might have been abused. She may in fact just be lost and a long way from home and just scared.

There has been more good news since yesterday. Little Momma and the neighbors daughter (she's 10'ish, sorry to say I don't know her exact age) have hit it off famously, and apparently have been for a few days. She positively bounded out to meet the school bus yesterday afternoon. So, I talked to the neighbors and they thought that she belonged here, or across the road at Pos' farm. They closed the gate to their yard, which will keep her off the road and other dogs away, but still gives her nearly an acre of land to run around on. I gave them the rest of the dog food that I had, and they have gone this morning to get some bowls and a clean collar. We took several pictures and made up some "lost dog" posters to put up around the area. I made sure to give them directions to the shelter and told them to take one there (that way, if we find her home, they will still get to see all the other doggies at the shelter that need homes )

She is still a little too flighty for a bath, so they put some scented flea and tick powder on her yesterday. Hopefully they may be able to give her a bath this weekend without freaking her out too bad.

This is the best picture I could get of her. She is so happy to be around people with food and clean water that she is positively squirmy

By the way, Little Momma isn't a name, it's more like a title till we find out if she has a family or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Premier Cat

That is good news. I hope your neighbors take her so youll be able to see her. Sounds like the little girl needs a dog to grow up with. How cute she ran for the bus. Smart girl. Shes figure it out quickly.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Cool Cat

I'm so glad this story is starting to turn out more happily. You and your neighbours are doing wonders for that dog. It's lucky that she found her way to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so glad to hear there's a little more progress with this dog. She's lucky to have found you and your neighbors! Congrats on doing everything you're doing for her.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
If she never gets to her own home, it seems that she has found someone who will love and care for her. That's good news.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Premier Cat

Little Momma has the sweetest face, and the story of her meeting the little girl at the bus was wonderful. I hope they keep her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Senior Cat

For sure she has Border Collie in her, I also see Lab. Reguardless she's a very beautiful dog. Also she could just be extrememly shy and have never been treated badly lets hope thats the case anyways.

http://sturtzstockdogs.com/images/2007/aug06/Hooch1.jpg
A Border Collie doing a walk similar to hers in the picture you showed. he's actually herding in this picture but many do it even while not herding.

Thats awsome news! She sounds like she really adores the little girl next door, think they might keep her if someone doesn't claim her? It would be awsome if they did as she already seems to be really attached to their daughter.

That face is pure happiness! Drifter does that when he's overflowing with happiness, he gets the "wiggles" too, his whole body just starts wagging with his tail and his eyes get all squinty, like he can't contain it all. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page