Update on the chookies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Update on the chookies

Im not sure if any of you remember me getting two baby chickens for my birthday in January?

Well here they are now..

Sarah (the white chicken) is getting huge! (Not to mention heavy to pick up!) They've actually grown alot bigger since these pics, they get bigger every day! ,

They've claimed themselves one of the loungechairs as their chair, and if they are ever let inside they run straight for it. They both come when called (they get so excited they actually fly at me whilst clucking like crazy), and both the cats and dogs get along with them great (yet the dogs are still focused on getting at the chickens nextdoor). The only downside is they hate getting picked up, so its a chase around the yard to get a cuddle out of them! When they're in my arms they're quite happy to settle down and go to sleep, they'll jump up on my lap or shoulder whist im on the computer sometimes. Ive always wanted to be able to actually wrap my arms around a bird to cuddle it, now i can! Its so awesome.

Anyways, there's my update on the chooks.

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM

wow! those are some nice chickies. ive had chickens as pets before too, but they had to stay outdoors, hows the potty training?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 AM

lol, nice looking birdies And lucky ones too -- My boyfriend has ten chooks on his farm but they definately don't get the run of the house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Cool Cat

That's so cool! Can't they be great company? I had my old fighting rooster that I rescued, and ohhhh he was always talkin' to me & chatting up a storm, wouldn't get five feet away from me, he knew my sign for "I just stirred up some leaves, come get some worms!", and he looooooved cats and dogs. We all used to go on walks together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Cool Cat

That's hilarious! Your chickens are so funny. I laughed when I went from the cute fuzzy baby chicky picture to two grown chickens on the bed. I love how the dark one has its leg stuck out over the white one's back.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
They're very pretty! I'd be a bit nervous to have them on my bed, though. They probably left their "mark."

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:32 PM

Ohhhh... such sweet little "beeps".....(I always call baby chicks that... little beeps)... and they've grown into such cute birds !!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Cat Addict

Your dog is OK with them? I love that picture!! and yes they are getting huge, they are still cute though.
How is the potty training? I am curious!

Maria
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
I haven't realy toilet trained them, we just make sure there is a towel on their favourite seat and for the floor their droppings are so dry they can just be sweeped out the door. Most of the time they just come in to have a bit out a sleep then they're outside again so dont realy do anything inside anyhow.

And yes they get along great with both the dogs and cats, im very proud considering neither of the cats had met a chicken before and both my dogs have in the past attacked my neighbours chickens when they've escaped into our yard.

Another pic from when they where a bit younger.

(Notice how Favoury is watching my neighbours chickens through the fence yet shows no interest in our own? I guess they learn pretty quickly who's family and who's not)

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Cat Addict

Wow that is awesome! I am glad they all get along!
nice picture, thank you.

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page