Any New Zealanders on here? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Any New Zealanders on here?

Hubs and I along with millions of South Africans have started to get to the point where immigration is our only option .... life here is getting too dangerous ............Im still battling with the idea though .. my children are here .....

The main reason im have putting it off is all our animals my two dogs are to old to subject them to the trauma of quarantine etc .... and rehoming them isnt really an option .... so ............

I simply dont know .. im hoping the answer will "come" to me

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Nope, but im from Australia, so pretty much the same thing.

We're getting a ton of South-Africans immigrating here, apparently the Government has some sort of.. arrangement.. thing.. set up? Like they organise getting people that need help in SA over here or something?... Im not sure.

I found this realy cool website for South-Africans thinking about immigrating here. http://home.in.com.au/~leopard22/Immigration.html

I guess it all depends on how much you will miss your family and your home, how will you cope in a new environment? Definately not a decision to make lightly, good luck with whatever you decide.

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks as you say this is a very hard decision ... hubs will go over and I would possibly stay with my daughter until he can bring me over ...

My ONLY problem is all my animals .. that hurts .. my kids are old enough to make their own decisions and we dont have other family.

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:47 AM

I can't help much but I just wanted to wish you good luck with your decision! It's such a shame about the crime South Africa. I visited Cape Town for a little while about a year and a half ago, it was probably the most visually stunning part of the world I've ever been in. I hope whatever happens turns out well for you!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Premier Cat

I really hope things turn out well for you and your family. May the Kitty Guardian Angels look after and guide you and yours.{{{ hugs}}}

The impression I've been getting from the news is that the whole continent of Africa, with the exception of some bits and pieces here and there, is going to **** in a handbasket.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

this is something we have been pondering for some time now ....

we havent been affected by crime , but I think what has finally gotten to me is this rabies issue ..... not the rabies but peoples attitude towards their animals and the general degradation of what used to be a beautiful country everywhere we go there are dead animals .. starving animals , starving children , there isnt a road that is safe to drive on .... the money is available .. its the government and its greed thats couldnt give a flying &*^& ....smart cars are more important than health or education ...

and then we have our moron of a state president saying what "crisis" in Zimbabwe .. we have a ship from China loaded with Weapons for Zimbabwe the same moron says what "weapons"

there isnt anything for us here except heartache .... and hubs has been wanting to do this for a while .. I have been putting the brakes on

2 boxers Miki & Monty
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
This decision must be terribly difficult, Carol. I'm so sorry you are in this position. I hope all works out for the best.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

it is ... but I seriously doubt we will have the money to do it this century ...

so do I hope we stay broke ? or hope we can make a plan ? personally ill stay broke

2 boxers Miki & Monty
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:28 PM

I'm in New Zealand!

Hi there Carolsclan,

It's a hard decision you need to make, I completely sympathise. My parents moved to NZ for the exact same reason as yours, although we are from Peru.

My mother had many animals she left behind and it was heartbreaking for her, she left her animals with the family and luckily they were well looked after.

There are many South Africans in NZ who come here for the same reasons as you. You will not be lonely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page