Our new furry 4-legged family member revealed! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Our new furry 4-legged family member revealed!

Hubby has been wanting a team mate for his driving gelding for about 2 years now, ever since we got into the minis. He want's to be able to hitch up a team to his 4 wheel buggy, and I promised him if he first learned how to drive a single mini, he could move on to a team. We have been looking to find one that matches as close as we can in height, build, looks, and gait to his gelding, and I'm hoping we came close with this guy. Now that he's home though, I think he's going to actually be taller than his gelding. He's very thin and lacking muscle tone on his topline. His winter coat hides alot in the photos, and I think once his topline fills out, he may be taller than they sold him as, but as long as he's fairly close, he should be fine.

Please meet Tony!

Tony says, "that was one heck of a ride home!"

Happy..........and very tired.......hubby! He was glad to get home, he said Chicago was HE**!!!

This is Dave's gelding, Monte. Tony is actually closer to this color, maybe just a little more red. Tony doesn't have any white on him though, that's the only real difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 01:09 AM

Congrats! He does look a bit on the thin side, but I'm sure he'll fill out soon He looks like a lovely mini!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Our new furry 4-legged family member revealed!

Aww!! Congratulations!
Thin?

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 02:23 AM

Hehe, well I was responding to what OwnedByACat said -- I didn't mean mega thin! I just meant a teensy tiny bit... compared to Monte
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
Yay! Another mini! Congrats!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

He is thin........it's sad, and not expected by us. His winter hair hides alot of it, but if I clipped him you could see he's boney, and has not to much muscle tone along the topline, with a big pot belly. With these little guys that means not enough protein in his diet. But we'll get him all fixed up and healthy in no time........good food, and some worming. I love a challange!!! He'll be given time to settle in, and start to get some of that muscle back to before we start to drive him. He seems to have a wonderful personality though, which for us, is THE most important thing when choosing a driving mini. I'm excited to try him out!!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Tom Cat

Awwwwwwwww! I want oneeee!

Robin and...
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Our new furry 4-legged family member revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat
Tony says, "that was one heck of a ride home!"
Um, how do you get him home? I'm pretty horse-ignorant despite my user name. I know they have those horse trailer things, but the picture is in front of your truck, so I'm just picturing little Tony in the back seat like a dog sticking his face up in your nect.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Premier Cat

Yay, I'm glad he's home! We'll need pics of their progress.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'd like to hug him! I can't help but envy you a bit. I have dreamed of having horses since I was a little girl. These minis are adorable.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page