Anyone one using Nutro Dog Food? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Anyone one using Nutro Dog Food?

My step-daughter just called to tell me that her 15 month old Mastiff has been having trouble with vomiting, frequent UTI's, not eating off and on for about 2 months. They have had her to the vet 3 different times throughout all this. Today she looked up Nutro Dog Food in the internet and found where other people are having similar problems.

After two meals of fish and rice Zelda has perked up considerably and wagged her tail for the first time in several days.

Has anyone else had a problem with this food lately?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I've heard only rumors and can't find a reliable source for any current problems, but my ears are being kept open.

Nutro had a lot of problems during the recall of course, so I wouldn't be shocked if something happened again.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

This was raised in Health & Nutrition a few days ago. There's a link that might be helpful. Hope Zelda feels better soon.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=48990

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks Doodlebug, I missed that post.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Cat Addict

Yep, we had my girl on natural choice to try food elimination and find out what she is allergic too. She was on it 3weeks. Now she is not well has had awful diarrhea for a week and not at all her self. We have had her on boiled chicken, rice and cottage cheese and it has taken 4 days for her to begin to have better stools, not firm yet but better. I will never use nutro again. we stopped her because of that post so thanks Fran!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Senior Cat

Drifter was on it for a bit and had the runs for a month, I never put two and two together, I just figured it was because we had moved but I switched his food and now he's fine so thats probably what did it to him. He's on California Natural and another brand now, no more "ickies" so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page