save or erase - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

save or erase

My DVR is almost full - any opinions as to whether any of these are keepers (I should watch them) or not (delete the sucker!)? (no spoilers, please)

The Manchurian Candidate (with Denzel Washington)
The Departed
A History of Violence
Invincible
the Sentinel
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Smokin' Aces
Capture of the Green River Killer (two-part Lifetime movie)

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Premier Cat

Invincible was a great Disney-esque feel-good movie. When it ended, I really wasn't ready for it to be over. Plus, I really like Mark Wahlberg.

My Super Ex-GF, was okay. It had its funny moments, but isn't one I'd consider a 'keeper'. I have Invincible on DVD and have watched it several times.

I haven't seen any others on your list.

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Tom Cat

If you need to delete something, I vote for My super Ex-Girlfriend. I can't even remember what happens, but I remember thinking I had wasted my money.

I have seen all the ones on your list except for invincible and smokin aces. However, I don't remember any of the others as being great. I'm not saying they are bad, they just don't stand out as being something special.

Katie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I figured Super-Ex would be a "delete it!"

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Premier Cat

That looks a lot like the list we have had sitting on the DVR! Mostly movies we from HBO and ones we snabbed from the Starz free preview weekends.

I was disappointed with Smokin' Aces. I love Jeremy Piven and it looked like my kind of movie. It could have been so much better.
I could have gone without seeing My Super Ex-girlfriend too. Good concept, but they couldn't do anything with it.

I really enjoyed Invincible. Feel-good movie, I love Mark Wahlberg and I am a total sucker for a football movie.

Edit by Lori for clarity
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Hehehe, I would probably wipe them all out. If it were the original Manchurian Candidate I would keep it. But I am not a person that is exactly thrilled with the garbage Hollywood is churning out these days.

Marie, you just highlighted one of the reasons I did not, do not, and will not use the current crop of DVRs today. That is their fixed storage media. I will gladly take my Super VHS vcr over a DVR anyday! Now if they make DVRs with hot swap hard drives, then maybe I will give them a look. But somehow, I don't think that will be a reality given the fact that hot swap drives are still SCSI and thus quite expensive.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Cool Cat

Sorry, I've never seen any of them! But I remember The Manchurian Candidate looked good. And Lifetime movies can be hard to come by later...the others you can rent any time

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Premier Cat

Ha Ha Marie, you sound like us! I have so many things on our DVR waiting to be copied..........things we want to keep.

The only one on the list that I've seen is Invincible, and I thought it was good........I vote keeper on that one!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Cool Cat

I liked the Manchurian Candidate, but I haven't seen the original, so I can't say in comparison. The actor in that movie - I can't remember his name - but I thought he was good.

I saw A History of Violence also. I don't remember it being bad, but not as good as I was expecting. The plot line was interesting, but some of the scenes were too disturbing for me to watch again.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Cat Addict

I'd delete Super Ex-GF. It really wasn't that good, which made me mega sad.

I really, really loved A History Of Violence. I went out and bought it... but have never managed to watch it again. It was disturbing, but the underlying message was so thought-provoking, it hit me hard. Great movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page