Detectives link more than forty murders in eleven states - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Detectives link more than forty murders in eleven states

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml

It's the stuff of bad murder mysteries, this far-fetched idea that more than forty college-aged men in different states didn't accidentally drown, as was recorded on their death certificates... that they were all murdered.

But it looks like it's true. And it's horrifying to me.

In central Minnesota, more than a few young, college-aged men have gone missing over the years. Some of them were found in the Mississippi. Some haven't been found at all. Locals on news websites have been speculating for years that these aren't a coincidence, that there's something going on down the I-94 corridor, something intentional and horrible. People have been dismissing it, maybe out of fear or healthy skepticism.

For years, these two retired New York detectives have been following these cases, tracing the details to which the public hasn't been privy, finding connections between dozens of drownings that they've now concluded are murders. All of them, linked together.

I'm passing this around to everyone I can find, on every site I frequent. It's too important for anyone to miss. Click the link above, and watch the video in the sidebar. I had to watch it twice, and read the article twice, and all the links, and every other news story I could find.

There's still a big part of me that doesn't believe it. It's unbelievable. The idea that it could be true haunts me. Is it possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Tom Cat

Thanks for posting the link. I hadn't heard that they were actually investigating these deaths. Twelve of those "drownings" occurred in Wisconsin and seven of those happened in La Crosse! I have always believed that the boys had been murdered, but the majority of the community has blamed the deaths on intoxication.

In the last few years they have installed police patrol, survallence cameras, and security lights at the rivers edge, where these boys have "fallen" in.

I am so happy that someone is finally looking in to this.

Katie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Premier Cat

How scary that this is happening, and how sad for the families.

Thank goodness for the detectives who won't give up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's so frightening! Pittsburgh is on three rivers, (Allegheny and Monongahela meet to form the Ohio river), and has many colleges and universities. I'm so glad the detectives are working on this.

What occurred to me, because the college men were athletes, is that this person, or these people, could be posing as scouts for professional teams. A young athlete would be more trusting of someone like that. There are many possibilities, of course. This is horrible.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Hard to say, Jeanie. The last place any of these men were seen, so far as I know, was leaving a bar or a party. This is why the deaths/disappearances have so often been credited to intoxication. One of the men who went missing in St. Cloud, Scott Radel, left the bars downtown and got disoriented. He called his friends, and at some point after he got off the phone, it appears that he simply staggered around, fell into the river and drowned.

Now, I don't know if this particular case is linked by evidence to these others, but it represents a common theme. Missing drunk guy, turns up drowned.

One would imagine that if these were all indeed crazy coincidences, there would be a more scattered representation of class, personality, gender, etc. But there's not. It's scary.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The story just now cropped up on Ohio's 10TV news website:

Investigators Re-Examine Student's Drowning

I am heartened that this news story is spreading. We need to put an end to this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Premier Cat

The story does have a Pittsburgh connection. It was on the news this afternoon. A student from the University of Pittsburgh drowned about 6 years ago in W. Virginia. There was no smiley face, but as you said, Aphrodeia, these cases are now going to be investigated. No one is going to assume anything any more.

Jeanie

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Premier Cat

Jeanie, did they say where in WV?

I will have to pass this on to my son. He's not in college, but he's athletic and about the right age group.

I wonder if America's Most Wanted would pick this up to give it more publiciity?!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Premier Cat

He was in Morgantown. According to WPXI TV, Pittsburgh, his father does not believe he was a victim of the "Smiley Face" killers. However, there is a web site that discusses this death in connection with the rest of the killings. I don't know where that web site is.

Hopefully, this link will still lead to the WPXI story.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/16066212/detail.html

Jeanie

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Giving this a bump. It's just too important for people to miss.

I promise I won't make a regular practice of bumping it, though. I'll let it fade away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page