The kids arrive Monday... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

The kids arrive Monday...

Eeeek ... My son Garth , Sandy and Hailey arrive on Monday evening .... the idea is they will come for a month so Sandy can decide if she wants to live here while we kick butt to get Garth better educated.

I dont think they will go back .... garth now that he has stabilized on meds ( bipolar) isnt going to budge .. he knows we are his only hope of a decent life ....

Sandy isnt stupid and she wants whats best for Hailey .... so I cant see her budging ... she never realised what Garth could earn as an artisan after a year in college .. and when we pointed it out to her she was actually shocked .... now she is as determined to educate herself better.

She may be a bit ignorant about life .. but she sure as **** is determined to learn and educate herself better ...

We have had long discussions about what its going to be like with two woman under one roof .. we are a lot alike in many ways .... she reminds me of myself at the same age ......her mother cant/wont/doesnt know how to encourage her to better herself but I do .... I did it with my daughter who today at 23 is earning a fortune and has a university degree ......

I dont blame her mother ... I think she is overwhelmed with life and problems and im not going to judge her either.

I think Sandy has now realised that you can be "poorish" and still rise above your circumstances and lead a good life .

We have never been poor compared to a lot of people .. but like a lot of people money has always been tight .

Well her and I have a good solid relationship .... we trust and respect each other .. and that can only be a good thing ....

She isnt used to keeping animals the way we do ... inside and spoilt .. but she loves animals and when I told her that Hailey may get slobbered a bit by the dogs she was unconcerned saying that she will get Hailey a little raincoat

Hubs has no idea what tiny babies are like ... now he is going to learn .. he is a stepgranpa after all ... and Garths biological father has never given a damm ... and my kids regard hubs as their Dad .

I may do a lot of venting on here still ...... so forgive me in advance

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

You have such a big heart, Carol.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

marie its also about breaking a "cycle" .. as kids we were poor .. my parents never encouraged me to study further .. my hubby was the same .... he grew up with learning problems that his mother never dealt with ....

My dad was a heavy drinker .. a good dad but a heavy drinker .. I drank but stopped 10 years ago ....

Its about educating oneself to lead a better life .. I see it all the time here ... our gardener for example ... a stunning , brilliant young man .. but his parents are illiterate ... this kid had no idea on how to take his personality and brains further .... he doesnt speak much english and I dont understand Zulu ... but with a translator we have encouarged him to work harder at school so that he can get a job and training with the same company that hubs works for.

I have become totally "paranoid" about education ... and the more kids I can encourage the better.

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

You have the ability to see the potential in people and help them to be the very best they can be, obviously not just your family, but others, too.

I stand by my original statement.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Premier Cat

You probably will need to vent, but it will also be good to get it out of your system so it doesn't poison you. ...and you may get ideas on how to resolve issues, too.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Premier Cat

You are doing a great thing by encouraging Garth and Sandy to further their educations so they can get more out of life.

We'll be here to listen if you need to release some emotions about them being in your house.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks guys its greatly appreciated

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page