Ferret information? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Ferret information?

I was curious if anyone here has a ferret. I have never had one and was considering getting one.

I know someone who has a descented neutered male that they are trying to give away for FREE with cage and food etc. I always wanted one but didnt want to deal with the smell. Plus I didnt know how they would get along with cats. But now I have heard they get along really well.

I figured this forum would be the best source of information on this so Please let me know any information regarding ferrets such as regular costs, vaccination if any or just any care information you can.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Leia has a ferret. You could PM her.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 04:22 AM

Ferrets are fun little critters! I have 6, all rescues. I also have a friend that has a ferret rescue.

Ferrets really don't need elaborate cages, just at least an hour out of their cage every day. Mine sleep and eat in the second bathroom and I play with them in a bedroom. I use a play pen so they don't chew on everything they aren't supposed to. Usually shots consist of cat rabies and doesn't cost much. Don't use cat litter in their cage or anything like that. They do best on layers of newspaper that is changed often. If you can, get a buddy for the ferret you might get. Ferrets do better in pairs. Also be sure to trim their nails and make sure to feed them a high protein diet. No vegetables, fruit, sugar, or crap. Ferrets need higher protein and will get sick if given any of the previous. I recommend Totally Ferret food.

Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you! I'm waiting to hear back if this ferret has already found a home! Even if I don't get one now I know I will in the future. I think they are adorable. I will let you now if I have any questions

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page