My Birthday.. feel sad. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My Birthday.. feel sad.

Hello everyone:

So today is my birthday but is also my baby Rubilla's death's anniversary (she was 17), it is hard to believe it has been a year, for those who didn't read my story last year, I found out about Rubilla's death when my family called me to wish me a happy birthday, the vet called my mom on the other line and told her the devastating news.. My sister's cry revealed my worst fear.
Senda my 18 year old dog, passed 5 days after her, my family never told me about it since I took Rubilla's death so badly, I found out when I visit them for Christmas last year.

On the positive side Mark and the family gave me a very good birthday party.
I got a Wii for my birthday (SO MUCH FUN) along with Mario Kart, steering wheel included, paper mario and a classic remote control. I also got a very cute cow shaped bowl that reads utterly adorable, a Carmelo Anthony sports coat, money and a very nice hair cut.

I just have mixed feelings, I want to be happy but I feel like something is missing inside of me.

Sorry guys I am just a mess right now, can't help it, I am already crying.

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Premier Cat

Oh Maria, what a shame that Rubilla's death coincides with your birthday. It's so easy for anniversaries to spark the memories of how awful that day was last year. Having gone through it this year, I know how painful it is. Well, I guess it would be hard to say that Rubilla would want you to be happy (since let's face it, cats are mostly worried about themselves being happy), but at some level I think it's true.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
It's so hard to lose a pet, but when it happens on a special day, it's harder yet. You will always love Rubilla, and if you're like me, you will often cry when you think about her.

I hope that you make plans for later today, something special that you love to do. You deserve a nice birthday.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thank you for your kind words. It is amazing how caring you all are! , I have just received a PM from someone I have never exchanged words with, what a kind soul, the PM was titled: operation cheer Tweek.

I try to stay positive and keep myself busy this time of year, I don't care about myself or being sad on my birthday, after all I am still alive and she is up there in kitty heaven, it is so unfair.
Ok here I go again, I need to take another break.

Maria
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Premier Cat

[[[[Maria]]]]

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I'm so sorry about your dog. But Happy Birthday and MANY *HUGS*!!!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Happy Birthday! And I'm very sorry for your loss. Rather than being sad, why not make today a day to celebrate both of your lives?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Happy Birthday, Maria!

Try to remember all the good times with Rubilla and Senda, pull out some pictures of both and let them make you smile, even if they're just mental pictures. They both lived good, long lives and were very loved so you must have so many good memories of them.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thank you everyone I appreciate your support.

Maria
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Premier Cat

It is hard to lose something you get so attached to! They are always there for us, even when we just need to hug something soft and fuzzy! They don't ask for much, but give so much in return. I'm sorry for your loss, and for your sadness. Happy birthday, and as Marie said, try to remember all the good and happy times!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page