Backpacking - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Backpacking

I want to do some high-adventure backpacking this summer. Just gonna take a week off work,find a (nice) catsitter,and HEAD FOR THE HILLS! Away from... "Civilization"! Only prob: friends are all 'I don' wanna goooo!" Sigh. Any backpackers around here? Tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Cat Addict

Where do you live? I'd go to the nearest really good mountaineering supply store and see if they have a bulletin board or a website for hiking ideas, etc. or ask around and see if there's a forum for high adventure hiking, etc. Maybe you could join a group if there's an annual summer hike during a holiday, like a Fourth of July hike to somewhere cool.

There are plenty of long rides for folks who do bike tours, so there ought to be the same for hikers! Good luck , tell us if you find something...

Fran
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Premier Cat

If you live any where near portions of the Appalachian Trail you should try that. I heard that it is just wonderful. I know some people who have done the Pa. portion and love it.

If you want I can contact my friends to see if there is a good website which will allow you to network with other backpackers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 06:54 AM

There are a few great websites around for backpackers, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links here.

I went backpacking around Southern Africa by myself for two months a little while ago. It was great, and I met so many people on the way that I didn't always feel like I was there all on my own.

If you're into hiking, Nepal is fantastic. You don't have to be a pro climber or anything like that either.

Goodluck, where ever you decide to go!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
As long as the site isn't a competing cat site, links are fine.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

BIKE TOUR! That sounds even better. There's lots of great bike trails where I live. I just gotta unplug! How someone can spend an entire summer staring at the 4 walls is beyond me. I've bought me a Walkman,complete with NOAH access,BRAND new helmet, 1st aid kit,found a possible cat-sitter, shopping for new bike... Thanx guys!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Bring your camera! You didn't mention a camera in your last post, so I just thought I'd remind you!

Have fun!!!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page