A Feel Great Story :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
A Feel Great Story :)

Ellen Degeneres had three young women on her morning talk show a couple of days ago, and their story really epitomizes kindness. One girl was on crutches.

The girl with crutches and the other two girls were on opposing NCAA softball teams. They were in their late teens, I believe. The girl with crutches had hit one out of the park, with two girls on base, and in watching the ball clear the fence, she missed first base. Her coach yelled, "You missed first!" So she turned immediately, felt a horrible pain, and heard a terrible crunch at her knee as she fell in agony. She crawled to first in tears. If her team touched her the homerun would have been called a single.

The other girls, on the opposite team, heard her screams and ran to the umpire. They asked if they could carry her around the bases, and he agreed. The two girls did what we used to call the fireman's hold, with their arms interlocked under the injured girl's thighs and carried her back to first, lowered their arms so her toe touched the base. Then they continued, to second, third, and home. Her team won the game.

Ellen asked, "Didn't you realize you were going to lose the game?" And they said, "No. All that occurred to us was to ask if we could carry her."

What a wonderful example of selflessness and goodness. Bless their hearts!

Here's the story, complete with video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ODqjUqW3c0U

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Premier Cat

I saw that Ellen show and those girls were wonderful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I didn't see her show, but my Mom told me about it. Nice to know others still care.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:55 PM

What a great show of sportsmanship!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page