I'm being eaten alive!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I'm being eaten alive!!

it started last night. I got home... spent some time around the house and decided to get in my pjs. Shortly after, I had a couple of itchy spots on my legs and one on my elbow. I figured there was a very persistant mosquito around the house or something. Went to bed itchy.

I got up this morning with about 4 or 5 bites on my arm, all in about the same area around my elbow. And the kicker was the dozen or so bites on EACH leg... all at the back of my leg between my inner/upper thigh and butt. I'm miserable!! Went out to breakfast and came home only to count even more than when I left!

What in the world is having a feast of me???

Immediately changed clothes and started a load of laundry... my next step is cleaning up my room and vaccuuming. Oh yeah, and loading up on the itchy cream. I miss winter!!!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Cool Cat

Sounds...like fleas. I had them for twenty years Most bites occur in bed? Itch like crazy? Sometimes go in a line or trail like the bug went for a walk on you and bit every now and then just for the fun of it? Probably occur most whereever your cloth are close to the skin, like the waistband or around the ankle elastic strip?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Cool Cat

If you don't see any fleas, is there any chance you may have been exposed to someone with scabies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Could be a spider, too. I can't imagine a mosquito hitting you that much, that often. I get those mysterious bites too, and I rarely find the source ...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I must have vaccuumed 3 or 4 times... each time emptied the bag into a big clear ziplock bag and after about 20 minutes of staring, poking, mixing, I couldn't find a single thing that looked like evidence of any bugs, let alone fleas. Which I guess is a good thing.

I don't think the bites were while I was in bed because most of them were actually before I got in bed. and I'm not so sure they were "new" bites this morning or just ones that hadn't yet swelled.

The biggest thing that concerns me is the very small area they are in. I have a few on my arm but the rest are so concentrated on the backs of my thighs.

It doesn't help that I keep scratching, so I'm trying to stay busy and rub itch cream on every time I think about it... but its terrible!!

Jessie

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, Jessie. I would be guessing, but I empathize. I'm sure it's awful!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Could it be poison ivy or something that you've come in contact with?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Cat

Location: Ohio, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way
Send a message via AIM to Duchess
Is there a chance you could be getting hives as an allergic reaction to something?

A few years ago, I was on an antibiotic that I ended up having a reaction to; I got hives, first on my upper legs and behind my knees, then in the inside creases of my elbows and they just kept spreading from there; thighs, hips, lower back, shoulders, chest, neck, face, hands... you name it!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I've had hives once or twice in the past and never figured out what caused them... this is definately different though. Whenever I get any sort of bug bit it tends to swell a good bit and within a day shrinks down to a more firm itchy bump.

As for some sort of contact... unless it was in my undies I have to be a little doubtful as this is probably the LEAST exposed part of my body

So for nothing else is spreading. Its not rashy at all. Still itches like crazy though.

I do have to laugh a little though, especially if it did turn out to be fleas. I'm usually the one who feels the need to (sometimes loudly and obnoxiously) remind my coworkers of the fact that I don't use chemical flea/tick preventatives. How my pets are healthy and bug free, etc. So far not a single sign of fleas and no ticks on either the dog or cat... yet I've seen at least 3 ticks crawling on me (none attached though!!) and am now being bitten up by something.

Jessie

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Premier Cat

Being that localized I would think it was something in your pants. Maybe a flea on your arm, then into your pants ?

If it is still itchy you could take some Benadryl.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page