It was meant to be :-) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It was meant to be :-)

I mentioned a couple weeks ago (2 weeks ago yesterday, in fact) that my mom's cat, Babes, had to be put to sleep.

Well, anyway, she works as a teller at a bank here in town and tons of people have been telling her about cats and offering them to her. She had been reluctant to consider it.

Last Friday someone who works at the main bank (my mom works at the branch office) called her and said that a kitten had been seen wandering around the parking lot. It apparently was dumped off because it had been declawed. One of the employees went outside to pick it up and after taking it to one of the vets in town to see if it had an ID chip, calling the Humane Society to ask if anyone was looking for a lost cat, etc., this lady took it home with her. The vet did say it has not been spayed yet. She already has a couple cats of her own and definitely didn't want it. She had heard mom lost her cat, so called her. Mom's first reponse was "No, it's only been a week since Babes died," but the more she's thought about it she decided to at least go look at the cat.

She called me last night and said "it has the most beautiful face" and is definitely a lap kitty. I told her "Well, like they say, everything happens for a reason." She laughed and said that everybody who works with her has been saying the same thing.

So mom decided to take it. She's working today but after work she's gonna go get it and take it home! I'm making supper tonight and taking it over to mom's so we can go see the new little girl. Mom is going to take it to the vet as soon as the kitten becomes acclaimed to the new surroundings to get it spayed.

I'm so excited for mom! This is probably just what she needs, something that depends on her and enjoys cuddling. I'll post pics sometime this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That sounds like fate to me! Sometimes God makes our decisions for us. I hope this is one of those times.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Congrats to your Mom! But I'm sorry she lost her kitty...I don't believe I saw that.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

That's great Jo...yup sometimes the stars line up just right...

A few years ago my best friend called me on a Sat morning to say she had her 18 year old black cat PTS the day before (he had a stroke). She said she wasn't quite ready for another cat, but if I saw anything interesting at the shelter to let her know. Not more than a half hour later a friend called and said she found a very tiny all black kitten in the marshes behind her house, no mama cat or littermates anywhere around. Did I know anyone who would want a black kitten? Definitely meant to be....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Sometimes God makes our decisions for us.
Exactly! I know that all too well with my own life.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
how old is the kitten? How do they know she was not spayed? Its not common (and in my opinion should be illegal!) to declaw a cat but not spay it at the same time.

I hope all goes well with the new addition and we get to see some pictures soon!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Premier Cat

This is such a wonderful story. Congratulations to your Mom.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 PM

How exciting! Please post pictures and updates as soon as possible.
And relay congratulations to your Mom.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Senior Cat

congrats to your mom! defiantly meant to be

Lauren&

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Cat Addict

Re: It was meant to be :-)

Make sure you take lots of pictures!!
I am so happy for your mom
We need to think of a name, shall we start??

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page