When Things Go Missing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

When Things Go Missing

Ever have something go missing that absolutely makes no sense that it could be lost?

I have a small plastic strainer that is used for squeezing the liquid out of tuna cans. It's a great little gadget because I have one of those can openers that cuts from the side and using the lid to squeeze the juice out isn't easy.

Anyway, the darn thing is missing. Now, I know it should have never left the kitchen. I've checked everywhere I can think of and it's a goner. I tried to buy a new one in Walmart tonight...no luck. I hope this isn't going to be difficult to replace...

I do have my suspicions as to where it is....the Island of Misfit Cat Toys. Holly probably has it stashed somewhere with my watch.

So....share what you've lost that defies explanation...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

If I got started, I'd be here all night. This seems to happen to me on a daily basis.

Oh, OK --- what have I lost that defies explanation? The last 50-some years.

Now, where in the heck did they go?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Premier Cat

LOL Tim

I have lost many many things that just cannot be! Well the other day it was my lipgloss. Then I found it a few days later in the kitchen?! Who put it there, well I guess I did when I went to get the phone & forgot about it lol.

I can't think of any right now since my brain is tired but I know I have missing things! Ugh, I will be thinking about this as I go to bed tonight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 AM

The list is endless. Normally I lose receipts and books with no explanation. I lost my contact case one day, right before I was leaving for a long weekend. I searched everywhere. Then like a week later it reappeared, after I bought a new one, of course. I'm guessing the cats knocked it under something and found it again. I'm missing a black shirt that isn't anywhere that I can find. And don't get me started on how many mice I've bought my cats that no longer exist. I think when we move, I'll find like 400 mice somewhere. Normally they are under the stove or fridge or coffee table or shelves, but there are some that I remember buying that are just gone.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Cool Cat

I hate misplacing...the cat. One minute the cat is there, the next minute you'd swear they disappeared off the face of the earth. The cat's nowhere to be found. Hours later they appear, so innocent...nothing ever happened. I think they CAN open portals to other universes!

Rotten got hurt one time, I never figured out what happened...but she couldn't walk on her back leg and she cried when I touched it and she was acting like she hurt so bad. The vet wasn't open yet, and I had no money but I'd have found a way. I had to leave Rotten's side just to use the bathroom, but when I came back...she was gone. NOWHERE to be found. How can a disabled cat disappear? I let it be for a while, then I remembered the flight of stairs down to the basement. No way she could get down them, but maybe she fell! Oh no. She walked her butt down there, and that's how I discovered her private little spot she goes to for hours at a time--there's a box in a dark corner with a folded sheet sitting on it. It was COVERED in her hair lol, she spends so much time in it. She got mad at me for knowing her spot, and walked her butt back up the stairs. Then a few hours later she was just fine again. I leave her spot be now, she owns it, it's private.

But yeah. Misplacing the cat is never comprehendable. They have superpowers, I know it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I get in such a panic when they don't come right away, then so relieved--and a bit annoyed...when they walk casually into the room--just as you're ready to cry. They "always" come when I call, so they must have been having a great nap, but my imagination gets the best of me.

I think their hidden nap area must be where they stash the lost toys too. They also appear out of nowhere.

I cannot find the ruby ring my aunt left me, and I wore it only once. I was so afraid someone might realize it was a genuine ruby. I put it right back in the ring box, as far as I can remember. I would never have just taken it off. It would have been put away as soon as I got home. It was a large ruby, surrounded by small diamonds, and probably the most expensive thing I had. (other than the house) The ruby was quite large. I so hope it wasn't stolen, and will show up some day.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
My wallet... Oh where is my pretty silver wallet...? I haven't seen it in 8 years. I set it on the coffe table one day, and that was the last I ever saw of it.
We have searched the house top to bottom and nothing.

I recently lost my nintendo DS for like 3 months, I found it the other day. It somehow made it behind the dryer...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticborders
My wallet... Oh where is my pretty silver wallet...? I haven't seen it in 8 years. I set it on the coffe table one day, and that was the last I ever saw of it.

I recently lost my nintendo DS for like 3 months, I found it the other day. It somehow made it behind the dryer...
Does your home's history suggest ghosts might be making off with your shiny stuff?

Arianwen has a talent for pulling stuff under the sofa. The list would be as long as my arm if could recall every thing.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Tom Cat

Sebastian is permanently banned from my bathroom because things kept mysteriously disappearing from the counter never to be seen or heard from again. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them might have gone down the drain. I've had to buy two or three new contact cases because the lids keep disappearing. I could probably solve this problem by replacing the lids when I'm finished putting my contacts in, but the extra 3 seconds of effort killls me! I started closing the door all the time when I discovered that a pair of earrings I'd taken off and left there before I'd gone to bed were gone. I only ever found one and my best friend gave them to me

My bed is really heavy so I never move it, but once Sebastian pulled my hairbrush underneath it and I couldn't reach it without moving it. I was absolutely amazed at the collection of "lost" junk under there! He's a regular little packrat!

Robin and...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticborders

Yeesh Those are talented things to lose & ways to lose them! How do you lose a Nintendo DS behind a dryer??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page