Did something incredibly dumb earlier tonight! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Did something incredibly dumb earlier tonight!

This one deserves the Sh**head-of-the-Year award!

After the rest of the family got home I told hubby I was going to go to Target and do some summer clothes shopping for the kids as well as get them a couple new pairs of jeans and I wanted to go by myself because anyone who has kids knows its much easier and faster to shop without them!

I spent about 2 hours in Target having a blast looking at clothes and shoes as well as picking up a few household items we needed. I get back home and start putting things away when I notice that I got the WRONG SIZE on every one of the shirts I picked up! The kids are each in 3T right now but the shirts are a beginning to get a little short on them so I was going to upgrade them to the 4T's. Every single shirt I got tonight was a 3T. I feel like such a complete imbecile! Where was my brain? Now I have to go back to Target tomorrow and explain that I was in just the night before and picked up all that stuff only to get it wrong. The most upsetting part about the whole thing is not that I have to exchange the stuff but that I wasted 2 hours of my life and didn't get to do any of the "me" shopping I had planned on before I went crazy buying kids' stuff. Oh well, better luck next time.

It's after 2:30 a.m. and I just finished putting in a few overtime hours for work. Time to get a few hours of shut-eye. Zzzzzzzzzzz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Premier Cat

Trust me, it won't be the first time they have heard that kind of story.

I've had to go back to WalMart and ask for the items that I have left behind several times. The first time I was so embarrassed until they showed me the box with multiple bags that had been left behind by others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Premier Cat

Happens to the best of us! I know what you mean about WalMart, too. They're practically asking for people to leave bags behind, the way they have that bag carousel that the clerk may or may not swing around for you to grab. Whoever came up with that system should be smacked.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
They're practically asking for people to leave bags behind, the way they have that bag carousel that the clerk may or may not swing around for you to grab. Whoever came up with that system should be smacked.
Can't say that I've done that one yet but now that I've opened up my mouth it'll probably happen the next time I'm out there.

I went to an appointment this morning after which I returned everything to Target and went over to the kids' department to get the correct sizes. It was like de ja vu! It took me all of about 10 minutes to pick up what took over an hour last night.

I hate shopping for clothes for the kids. At this stage of the game they grow out of everything so fast. They should be set for the summer now at least.

Well, back to work I go!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Happens to the best of us! I know what you mean about WalMart, too. They're practically asking for people to leave bags behind, the way they have that bag carousel that the clerk may or may not swing around for you to grab. Whoever came up with that system should be smacked.
I hate that set up too! I've left a bag behind once. I hate to admit it too......even at other stores, I pay for something, and have left things behind right after looking at it. Case of soda, a gallon of milk once, and a bottle of soda or two. I hope I was at least thinking about something good at the time! I always feel so stupid when the clerk yells "mam, you forgot..........". Oy!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sure the number of people that don't bother to go back and get their stuff nudges WalMart's profits up a little when the "abandoned" merchandise gets restocked.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

I left a bag at Target one night. I was handed a huge bag that had plenty of room in it and it never occurred to me that she had put some small stuff in another bag because it would have fit in the first one. She didn't bother to hand me the second bag.

So I get home and realize that stuff was missing. I call there to see if they had it, which they did. But they told me that if I didn't come get it that night (it was already after 8pm) that they would put everything back on the shelf in the morning. After arguing and getting no where I had to go back that night because there was stuff in the bag that was the last one on the shelf and it was Christmas time, so the chances that it would still be there the next day wasn't great. Besides, who wants tp go around and pick everything up again. Grrrrrrr!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I left half my groceries at the store. There was a big gap in between some of my groceries, so she stopped ringing them up, thinking they belonged to the person behind me. I wasn't even paying attention. I got home and had to turn around and finish my grocery shopping.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page