The new foster mini. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The new foster mini.

We were notified early this week that someone was turning over an 8 month old mini filly to the rescue group I work with. The person who turned her over bought her to get her out of a home that just didn't want her anymore, but she didn't know anything about horses, so she turned to the rescue, and asked if they could find her a home. The rescue asked us if we would be able to foster her, and we went to pick her up this morning. She is a sweet heart, and such a little cutie! We're going to see what happens over the next couple weeks, and then make a final decision.......Dave has fallen already for this little cutie, so she may not be leaving our place!

Please meet little miss Aurora.

She had some big mats of hair on her belly and ears that Dave clipped off with the scissors. (but look at those big bug eyes! )

Lots of baby fuzz that will get clipped off her this week so she isn't to hot in the warm weather.

Nosey neighbors!

Some lovin' from hubby.

Got the old top lip going with some scratches on her back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Little Miss Aurora is one lucky horse! What a cutie! Love the nosey neighbors picture.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Premier Cat

She is such a cutie. I agree with Marie, the nosey neighbors are great.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Cool Cat

What a beautiful little girl!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Premier Cat

She really looks like a nicely made mini. I'm glad she found her way to you guys. I'd love to see her all clipped up, she's wooly as a bear fresh outta hibernation!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you all!

Quote:
I'd love to see her all clipped up, she's wooly as a bear fresh outta hibernation!
I know! And it is so thick she'll never shed out completely I don't think, unless we clip her. I partially clipped Tony too, just head and neck, and he is actually a liver chestnut color under all that hair. She looks to be similar, possibly a little darker. We've had some weird weather though..........like Marie in CA! Some days it's so windy and cool, and getting down into the low 30's at night, so I have been waiting to clip completely. I will share pics once she's all purdy though. I can see this little girl staying with us if Dave has anything to do about it................how could anyone just not want her, I could just squeeze her she's so darn cute?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Premier Cat

Im in love with her just from the pictures! She is beautiful.

Do you have to keep her issolated like you do cats or are horses different? Whats her personality like so far?

Im so glad she is in your care!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Premier Cat

Geri I woke up at 3 AM and couldnt sleep. Turned on the tv. Animal Planet had Animal Cops Houston (or is it Dallas?). They rescued a herd of minis. Have you seen that one?

The vet said she had never treated minis and they had quiet the personalities! You fell in love just watching them.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Hi Merry. Yes, we do keep her isolated from the boys, at least as much as we can having only one barn. We'll keep her seperate for about 10 - 14 days, and at least until I can get the vet out here. She's in a large pen on one side of the barn, and my boys are on the other with about 10' between them. I leave one of the stall doors open so she can see them outside, and they come in the other stalls during the day where she can see them also. We use seperate wheelbarrow and tools for cleaning her stall, and don't use our horses brushes on her at all.

We're in the process of worming her, and without history on them, we start out slow with an easy wormer like Safeguard paste. If she does have a heavy parasite load, it's best not to zap them with a strong wormer, and have all those parasites pass through their system at once. It could cause colic.

I have never seen that Animal Cops! That would be neat to watch though. And the vet was right, minis do have fun personalities! They are very different from big horses, even when they are working.

Dave put little Aurora out in her outside pen early this morning, and when I went out to feed she was whinnying for me. I opened the door to her pen, and she came running up to say hello..........THE cutest thing ever! Her little wild mane flying, it was so cute! She learned in a real hurry what electric fence was though! Poor baby!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Premier Cat

Oh learning all about minis from you makes me want to have some so bad.... They sound like they are a delight. She sounds like she is ready for a loving person in her life. I bet you will find a great home for her. Candles lit for her great forever home.

The Stallion on Animal Cops was magnificent. Then they had a surprise addition of a new born colt. It was so precious and beautiful markings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page