Compulsive shopping - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Compulsive shopping

I know, it's not normally a guy thing. But, they've started a new farmers market near here, and I going into town this morning and decided to just stop and take a look.

$68.00 USD!! Almost half of it was in organic, free trade coffee and teas. Then there was the 2 loaves of some really awesome sour dough bread, a couple of nice home made cheeses, some fresh rosemary, a few jellies.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuscat
youre in kentucky? what part? i was born in somerset and i have family in sterns and lexington.
Just outside of the Mammoth Cave National Park, on the southwest side of the park. Just a couple of miles away from where the Green River leaves the park borders.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Cat

Re: Compulsive shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePageKY
I know, it's not normally a guy thing. But, they've started a new farmers market near here, and I going into town this morning and decided to just stop and take a look.

$68.00 USD!! Almost half of it was in organic, free trade coffee and teas. Then there was the 2 loaves of some really awesome sour dough bread, a couple of nice home made cheeses, some fresh rosemary, a few jellies.....
I wish that I had been with you. I probably would have spent more than you. I love farmers markets, and when I get a chance to go, I take full advantage of the situation. I can't wait until the first weekend in July. My hubby and I will be going on vacation then, and part of our trip will be the Amish farmers market in a little community called St. Jacob's, here in Ontario.
Everything that is in the market is made by the Amish people in the community. I have been collecting my change since the middle of February of this year, and that is what I will be using for spending money. I figure that by the time we go, I will have accumulated about $1,500.00 Canadian.
I am hoping to pick up some really beautiful handmade quilts and a blanket chest or two. I can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Premier Cat

They are starting a farmer's market here in town. I can't wait. I would so much rather give my money to local people than to WalMart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Cat Addict

Hey - I've been to those caves ! Years ago my brother and I took a cross country trip and stopped there while en route from Texas to D.C. Pretty amazing place, only caves I have ever been in...

Just an aside, sounds like you can't go wrong with good coffees, teas, cheeses..Those are the kinds of foods that you can savor and share with friends and with company, stuff that makes life a pleasure . Plus, it supports local growers - the opposite of mass produced fast food! Hooray for farmers markets!

Fran
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Farmers markets are EVIL. We always overspend when we go. There was the $8 jar of really awesome peanut butter, lots of money on local wines, breads, pastries, apples and produce, ... We go with cash in our pocket and leave with NONE! But local food is so much yummier than super market food.

Our other guilty pleasure is my like seasonal trip to Amish country in Ohio. We spend so much on cheeses, breads, crafts, candies, ...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Premier Cat

There is a farmers' market here in G'ville, just a few miles north from my home.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Cat Addict

I thought compulsive shopping was actually a woman thing.
I can't help myself when I go to Target

Maria
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
Oh no, my husband spends WAY more than I ever would .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
Oh no, my husband spends WAY more than I ever would .
Hmm, I like shopping for my family and my babies, I don't get a lot for myself.

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page