NBA Finals... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

NBA Finals...

Hubby is completely thrilled that the Lakers are going back to the Finals starting Thursday. Even more sweet to him is the fact that the Lakers coach could take the series to win a 10th NBA title, surpassing Red Auerbach (former Celtics coach) as the coach with the most NBA title rings.

For me, this year's series is going to be interesting to watch for a few reasons: I've really come to enjoy watching the Lakers, especially since they picked up Pau Gasol, and Phil Jackson is a North Dakota boy (although I don't know if he actually admits that in public! ). On the other hand, the one thing would that be nice about the Celtics taking the Finals this year is that Kevin Garnett would finally have an NBA title ring after all his years in the game. He's an excellent player and I really enjoyed the T-wolves when he was there, at least while Flip Saunders coached the team. I personally think that letting go of Flip was one of the stupidest moves that Kevin McHale could have made. Flip got sweet revenge, though, and made things happen in Detroit. Good for him!

Anyway, just had to say "GO LAKERS!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Well I lost interest in the Celtics after the Larry Bird days, but I gotta root for the hometown boys. Boston sports teams are on fire this past year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Tom Cat

LAKERS???? No way!

GO CELTICS!

PS: I love Utah Jazz since they sent my son some pics for his birthday. It was his 18th birthday - and the "Gongratulation!" of UJ was a highlight, only topped by Bob The Builders birthday-presents and a letter from Buckingham Palace...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Premier Cat

I have been watching and drooling over Kevin Garnett through the whole playoffs. I sure miss him as a Timberwolf but I would be so thrilled to see him win a title. He is the ultimate, unselfish team player and he so deserves to win a ring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page