Brain Tumor - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Brain Tumor

So this is a long story so bare with me.

A family friend of my husbands family has a brain tumor. He found out not long ago and has since been trying to find a way to recover. Well he had to get a flight from one state to another to get a doctor, but he can't walk or realy speak well or anything. He had to get a flight on a plane with just him and a nurse(I don't remember what to call it) which is VERY expensive. Well he is related to Jerry Jones the Owner of the cowboys. Now they have a plane that they use during season in case of injury to one of the players, but during the off seasonit's not being used and just sits. Well Jimmy Jones(the one with the tumor), His dad calls Jerry and asks if they can use the plane(during the off season). Well Jerry says "If I did it for him I'd have to do it for all my relatives". Now how selfish is that and what other relatives are going to get brain tumors and have these specific problems! Well Jimmy decides to call and talk to the doctor about what's going on. And his doctor tells him that all he's going to do is cut off the back of his skull to relieve the pressure and he will have to live out his life WITHOUT the back of his skull. Jimmy says "forget it, I'd rather just stay home and live out the last of my days with my boys".
Later Jimmy hears about someone he knew that went to(once again I forget the name of the country) and has a procedure done on his brain tumor and now he is walking around talking and acting normal. So now Jimmy needs a flight there.

So Jimmy works for my father-in-laws company american fast freight, and they end up calling up an owner from a COMPETING company, and he loans jimmy his jet!

Well Jimmy went on the treatment in whatever that country is, and he's been on it 4 days. He is walking around and talking perfectly normal. Let's hope he continues to get better and I just wanted to ask everyone to pray for him.

It blew my mind that Jerry Jones was selfish enough to not let him use the plane that might save his life.

Pray for this man and that he can live his life. He has kids, and I can't imagine what they are going through, and I really can't imagine what his wife is going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

I hope he'll gett better. I can't help the tears from falling. I lost my father due to a brain tumour a few years ago so believe me when I say I truly hope Jimmy will recover.

Sometimes blood isn't thicker than water it seems... I'm glad someone else found the heart to fix the airplain.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's amazing. I'm so glad he's as well as he is. I pray that he has a long and healthy life!

(I doubt too many of Jones' relatives will be in that situation.)

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah when I heard about what Jerry Jone's said, I was appalled, and REALLY disappointed because I was worried he wouldn't find another way to get where he needed to get. It's really a miracle that he feels so much better within only 4 days of treatment, and I really hope it stays that way! I also wish the united states was a little more caught up as far as medical stuff goes, this treatment isn't done in the united states and it's been going in this other country for at least 10 years.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Cool Cat

I don't want to be a downer, but please be cautiously optimistic.
Brain tumors very widely in the response to treatment. There are issues with getting to the location without causing severe damage, removing all of the cells and regrowth. Chemo rarely works because the blood/brain barrier prevents most chemicals from entering the brain.

The decrease in pressure on the brain from removing the tumor is probably responsible for the rapid improvement - and that is wonderful. Positive thoughts that the news continues to be good.

As to JJ, most people around here consider him a jerk. But to be fair, he does get hit up for "favors" all of the time. If the person is a very distant relative......

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

the tumor actually hasn't been removed, I don't really know how it's working but my mother in law told me that they take your blood and put certain drugs in it and enter it back into your body? I'm not really sure, but it's another country so it's nothing I've heard of before.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

How distant of a relative could he be they have the same last name.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Prayers sent. Bless all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page