Tim Russert dies at 58 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Tim Russert dies at 58

So sad and at such a young age.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, NBC News’ Washington bureau chief and the moderator of “Meet the Press,” died Friday after being stricken at the bureau, NBC News said Friday. He was 58.

Russert was recording voiceovers for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” program when he collapsed, the network said.

He had recently returned from Italy, where his family was celebrating the graduation of Russert’s son, Luke, from Boston College.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

I just heard this on the radio 20 minutes ago. It's always a shock when someone dies before their time.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Premier Cat

I was shocked and saddened when I heard this on the way home from work I am a big fan of Tim Russert and Meet the Press. I enjoyed his tenacious style and often watched his coverage of the current campaign. He was so passionate about politics. I can't believe he won't be around to see the outcome

I feel for his family...his son just graduated from college and the family recently returned from a celebratory trip to Italy. What a shame for their happiness to turn into mourning so suddenly.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Premier Cat

I was so sad to hear about his passing. I loved that no matter how important he was he still talked about his Dad with such love and awe.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
This is really hard to believe;it's quite a shock. I watch Meet the Press every week. He's far too young. I feel so sorry for his familly. Evidently he died of a heart attack.

We should count our blessings. Life is short, and his was way too short. :

http://www.wpxi.com/news/16601782/detail.html

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Cat Addict

Sunday morning will never be the same again.

-steve

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Cat Addict

btt for Tim.

even that lout Dick Cheney said his apperances on "Meet The Press" were the highlight of his 'career'.

A cardiologist had said on "Today" that if Tim would have had a stress test the day before he died, he would have passed. what tha... people?

so sad, I will miss him dearly. He could talk about anything and I would listen, and I don't listen very often.

Godspeed, Tim. you will be missed.

-steve

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I just saw Luke Russert speaking. I'm in tears....

What a wonderful young man, such grace and strength and poise.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I have been away most of the day, Marie. Perhaps I am the lucky one. It's so hard to hold back the tears. God rest his soul. Tim Russert gave so much, and had so much more to give. And he was so very proud of his son. God bless the family, and hold them in His loving arms during this time.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page