What do you enjoy about your job ???? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

What do you enjoy about your job ????

I started work again after nearly 3 years 6weeks aog .. and now my self confidence has come back and im settling in nicely.

Its a small business that packages dried fruit and nuts , the business premises is on a farm nearby and Heidi the owner's home is also there .

Now what I enjoy the most she has three bull mastiffs, two yappys and a HUGE cat, she also has an 88 year old granny

Its great .. home from home really , Heidi the owner can be difficult but thats fine .... I can put up with a lot for good money and a good working enviroment.

This afternoon for example I was in the orange grove with the dogs dealing with about 15 orange thieves.

Catz comes ambling into the office most afternoons ... now apparently he doesnt like to be handled much oh yeah ..... he rolls around on my keyboard while im on the phone dealing with customers .... I get the giggles with this silly cat

Its busy , hectic ... but fun

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Jr. Cat

I work for an economic research institution as a map maker. It was the first professional job I applied for and luckily they hired me and I started a couple days after graduating from college.

The benefits are really great and my boss is pretty flexible with hours and I can work from home if I ever need to. They're also paying for me to go back to school and get a master's degree.

I really like the work, I make maps for internal use and people hire us to write reports and make maps and the such. I'm rarely bored here because there's always new projects to work on.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Premier Cat

ICT Teacher, each day is different with its different challenges. I love having a laugh with the older kids to the little kids wanting to play around. I enjoy organising fun things, for the rounders club I run I've organised a teachers vs pupils match which the kids can't wait for. Everything is different, lots of fun things and although the teenagers go through the "I hate you!" phase it's all great fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Premier Cat

What do I enjoy about my job? I work from home, and I am my own boss!

I also enjoy very much, the relationships I've created with some of my customers, and just knowing that they trust in my abilities! I enjoy doing the best job I can, to keep my customers happy, and view it as a privilege to stay in business. I love starting a project from scratch, and ending up with a product that I know will serve a purpose. One of the other things that I really enjoy about what I do, is when a customer shares pictures or a story about the products that they ordered from me.......especially pictures of the babies!!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
I am learning to build house from my father and his freinds.

What I like most about my job is the people I get to meet and watching something I helped design become reality
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Premier Cat

I loved the anonymity.
I haven't worked in 5.5 years due to my health, but before that I was a secretary for two Sheriff Offices. The first one (WA state) was for a jail and the second one (here in GA) was for the Criminal Investigation Dept.

I really loved 'knowing' all the dirt...but not knowing any of the people.

I didn't have any 'ha! ha! they got theirs!' moments or 'oh, no...how terrible!' thoughts. It was just stuff (good, bad and indifferent with the occasional awful tragedy) happening to people I didn't know. So while I suffered from a humanitarian standpoint (bad things happening to people) I didn't suffer from personal knowledge of these people.

My fave reports to enter were the DUI's. It was hilarious to read/type the excuses they would come up with to try to get out of their ticket and trip to jail. My least favorite were the Domestic Violence and Child Molestation reports. Working for these two offices really opened my eyes to how widespread drugs, dui, domestic violence and child molestation are. It isn't just a few stories in the news, it happens more often than I cared to think about...and many were committed by people you wouldn't expect at all.

A hazard of the job was being recognized at the grocery store.
People would come up to me and say "Hey, don't I know you?" I'd ask where they worked and usually they would ask where I worked...meaning they didn't work. When I would say the Sheriff Office, I could see the flicker of their eyes as a curtain came down to hide their embarassment. I knew they had most likely been in our jail and that was why they recognized me...but I'd give them an 'out' by saying: "I worked at the front office and if you came in to get a copy of a report you probably picked it up from me." They would always say 'yes, that is where I know you from!'. I worked in back with CID and didn't hand out any reports.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Cool Cat

I like the fact that I only work three days per week, twelve hours per day. The crew I work with is pretty nice. I get to chat with CEOs of mining corporations, and geologists, and chemists, and truck drivers, and all random sorts of folks. Geologists & mining CEOs like to talk, and I like listening to people who like to talk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
Trinity what do you do?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstx
Trinity what do you do?
I work for a geological analytical lab. Assaying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Cat Addict

I like the variety in my job. I was hired to take care of the office and I do a lot of the accounting. The company I work for sells windows, stone, doors and various other construction material. When the guys get overwhelmed with quotes to be done they will give me their blueprint and I will do takeoffs for them. I also do ordering and have even been known to help unload a truck. When I was first hired my boss asked me what title I wanted on my business cards. I told him none so that I could do anything I wanted to.
The bonus we have had there in the last few weeks is that my boss bought a golden doodle puppy. His wife does not particularlly like it, so he often brings it to work. Another of my "hats" is taking care of the puppy, but I love it! He is soooo cute!

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page