A fine birthday week - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

A fine birthday week

Well, I officially gathered another year onto my life yesterday. I've never been much for celebrating birthdays, but this week ended up being one to remember Not quite a normal "celebration"...but a good week nonetheless!

Sunday: My uncle left for the ENTIRE WEEK, which I just happen to have off of work I've stayed up late every night, listening to Dido & other music in the dark with a cool breeze flowing through my open window.

Monday: I started off with a trip to the dentist. My front teeth were so bad I was embarassed to smile, and they were extremely sensitive when I ate. The dentist almost completely rebuilt my two front teeth; my smile is entirely brand new now. I guess I should have let them know they forgot to transfer the brown rings, chips, and black hole in my front teeth. I was VERY excited. I have no sensitivity anymore, and it's the first time I've ever had cavity work done without pain, and she had to carve off over half of each tooth. A BIG BIG BIG wow! If anyone needs a great dentist, come to middle-of-nowhere-Nevada.

Tuesday: Birthday presents arrived in the mail! My mom, my best friend's mom, and my best friend's grammy all sent my very wonderful, considerate gifts ranging from a book to jewelry to a homemade apron & potholder & & incense & a beautiful box & hair pin & various other stuff. I went and had my hair curled for the first time in my life, very exciting! I liked it so much I went out and bought a curling iron of my own. Um...anyone know how to use these things? I can't curl a single hair on my head.

Wednesday: Happy birthday to me! I stayed home. Only my grandma called to wish me happy birthday. I moped, and went to the thrift store where I found a neat book, "A Victorian Naturalist", by Beatrix Potter. It's her study & art of fungus & historical artifacts. Paid a dollar for it. Found it online for $130. No clue why it's so expensive, but that's nice! Found a copper colander, very pretty. Applied for a loan to cover all my debts--if I get it, I can get my own place finally. Took myself to dinner, had shrimp fettucini and a side order onion rings. I never splurge for side dishes. Yay! Good stuff! And the waitress was so sweet

Thursday: Today! I slept in. It was a beautiful morning. Then I went to an eye exam, which is long overdue. The optometrist gave me tips on prolonging my eyesight and I'll have new glasses in a week. YAY! I lost my glasses two years ago. It was a fine moment...as a kid, my family was and still is so poor that glasses or dentisty was beyond conception. Even a two dollar trinket was nearly too much to hope for. These glasses will cost me $70 (not a lot to most people, I know)...and I didn't even have to fret about it. No stress, no wondering what I'll have to go without or what bill I won't pay or feeling like crying. Just a smile & nod to the optometrist. Wow I feel like I've gone up a huge level in the world. I also cooked today, which is unheard of, and it's the best soup I've ever made. I could market this stuff It's soooooo good. Potato/bacon/leek/kale/mushroom/garlic soup...yay!

So yeah. What a fine week for a birthday. New teeth, new eyes, new hair style, new girly products, and knowing my friends love me (even if they didn't call lol) via the very thoughtful gifts they sent me. And cross your fingers that I'll get that loan and get a new home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Oh yeah. Here's some curly hair. The hairdresser was so awful I strongly considered walking out before she ever even touched me. I just wanted a couple layers added, but she's literally never seen long, un-messed-with hair before and she wanted to curl it just for fun. I was so impressed with her intuitiveness of how I wanted my hair done that by the end I didn't question having to pay $25 for a haircut (again, curling was free because she loved my hair).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Rrrrinnnnnng!

The phone's ringing! Better answer it!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Cat Addict

Glad to hear you had a lovely birthday week!

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Premier Cat

Happy Birthday week!! How wonderful that each day was a different special surprise.

Is that really your hair in that picture? It's amazing.

A hug for each year you have been around.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Premier Cat

A belated Happy Birthday!

Glad you had such a great week!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Tom Cat

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad your week was so eventful!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page