Last Comic Standing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Last Comic Standing

Is anyone else watching this show? I love it! Stand-up has to be one of the hardest and most lonely ways to make a living.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Kitten

Send a message via MSN to orchyboy
I love standup... but I have to say that I HATE last comic standing...

80% of it is not funny...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I watched the first and second season and pretty much forgot about it... I also saw the first episode this season and again, forgot about it. I'm just not back on a regular schedule of tv watching.

I love stand up though and in general really like the show. I do get really frustrated because the people I think are great always get kicked off and I think its usually the least funny people that win.

I have to admit I have a huge crush on John Heffron though (season 2?)

The other thing I think is REALLY unfair is that my understanding of the show is for unknown comedians to get a break and win a set on tv. EVERY season I've seen people audition (and some make it pretty far!!) that I've already seen with specials on Comedy Central. The few episode I caught I think last season? there was someone I knew very well but don't remember who he was - never thought he was that funny but you could tell the judge knew him and kept allowing him forward like he was just a riot every time he went on stage.

Its gonna bug me until I remember who it is though...

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I was seriously crushing on John Hefron, too! He recently had a special on the Comedy Channel and I forgot to record it! UGH!

I know what you mean about some of the comics not being amateurs. One season there was even a controversy because the producers were putting people through that the judges didn't vote for and they let it be known. NBC didn't even finish running the rest of the episodes - the season finished on Bravo.

I didn't recognize anyone this season, thank goodness. But I felt bad when there were so many people for each show and only two or three got chosen.

I don't like the trio or the duos that have made it through. I like the guy from India and the woman who is English and Iranian (I think).

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 AM
Kitten

Send a message via MSN to orchyboy
one guy who made it far that sucked was john london, i think that was his name, his last name was london...

I think season 2 was where they had special guests and the guys they voted for didnt go thru... Drew Cary was one of the guests yeah?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I remember the screw up a few years ago and the judges just walking out.

I wasn't a fan of the singing guys but I kinda sorta liked the twins. They were horrible annoying... but I think that's why I liked them

I really don't remember much about the first group of people I actually DID see this season, just that I really really liked a few that didn't go on.

I need to get better about watching it. Once they all start living together is when the fun starts

I did manage to catch about half of John Heffron's latest show and really liked it. I'm just sad I haven't seen it on again.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchyboy

I think season 2 was where they had special guests and the guys they voted for didnt go thru... Drew Cary was one of the guests yeah?
Maybe Drew Carey had a bad influence on them. I don't think he's funny at all.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page