Yay! My favorite groomer won! (spoiler alert) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yay! My favorite groomer won! (spoiler alert)

I don't know if anyone else has been following "Groomer Has It" on Animal Planet, but I'm so happy that Artist won the title of Groomer of the Year! To be honest, he wasn't the most skilled or knowledgeable of the groomers, but the contest wasn't for "Best Groomer" but for the groomer who was the most exceptional. Artist is bright, talented, positive, devoted to animals' welfare, and showed great respect and humility throught the competition. Even his bragging was playful and never mean-spirited.

And he did a good job on the Persian Cat challenge!

So he gets $50,000 and a $75,000 mobile grooming van! Go Artist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Yay! My favorite groomer won! (spoiler alert)

No I haven't watched it but I am glad your fave won it all!!

Maria
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Darn! I didn't see the last episode. I'm glad he won, though.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Premier Cat

I saw previews/commercials for the show but I couldn't bring myself to watch it. From the snipets they showed to advertise it I felt many of the groomers just didn't have any animal sense or experience and I didn't want to watch them fumble around and hurt or scare any of the animals they had to work on.
At least it seems like the person who won (per your post) had good animal empathy and cared about the animals.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I'm glad he won but I almost think the last competition was a little more in his favor than in Jonathan's. As much as I disliked his attitude, Jonathan was a great groomer. I think in the literal sense of competition he should have won but I was never routing for him. Artist seemed to evolve a lot through the show and improved so much with each competition.

I do wonder some things about the show. Like where in the world they came up with the dogs for the competitions. Most of them were horrible examples of their breed!! And I think they could have done a better job of matching the dogs so the juding was more fair.

In the last competition - Jonathan's dog was already bald in some spots from shaving before he got a hold of it. How is that at all fair? Plus, in the mixed breed creativity portion they had two completely different dogs.

I'm very very glad to see that Artist won though - he really needed the win and I think appreciated it so much more than anyone else. I was crying right along with him at the end and how adorable was his son???

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
I only got to see the show a few times while at my aunt's where she has sattelite.
I'm glad Artist won, he was one of the few I could stand. Sure Jonathan was a great groomer, but his attitude was awful.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
I'm glad he won but I almost think the last competition was a little more in his favor than in Jonathan's. As much as I disliked his attitude, Jonathan was a great groomer. I think in the literal sense of competition he should have won but I was never routing for him. Artist seemed to evolve a lot through the show and improved so much with each competition.

I do wonder some things about the show. Like where in the world they came up with the dogs for the competitions. Most of them were horrible examples of their breed!! And I think they could have done a better job of matching the dogs so the juding was more fair.

In the last competition - Jonathan's dog was already bald in some spots from shaving before he got a hold of it. How is that at all fair? Plus, in the mixed breed creativity portion they had two completely different dogs.

I'm very very glad to see that Artist won though - he really needed the win and I think appreciated it so much more than anyone else. I was crying right along with him at the end and how adorable was his son???
I agree that it was stacked against Jonathan, but again, it wasn't a competition for Best Groomer, but Groomer of the Year. Jonathan has 15 yrs. experience, A-list clientèle, and didn't stretch himself an inch during the competition. Artist, however, really took risks and developed. He has the humility to learn and grow, and he put the animals first. He treated all the cast, judges and guests with respect, too. I think he deserved to win, even if he was given breaks. Besides, in the shelter competition, it was stacked AGAINST Artist — even putting a huge collar on his dog, Teddy? Teddy, who was covered with sores? NOBODY was going to adopt that dog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page