Our first drive with Tony. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Our first drive with Tony.

We've been so busy this spring and summer so far, getting the barn done, and some family committments, that we haven't actually had much time for driving. Yesterday we finally were able to pull the horses out, hitch up, and go for our first drive. This was our very first drive with Tony since he came to live with us, and I have to say, I am in love with this little guy even more! He is very well broke to drive, and I felt very good about his abilities and safety when it comes to driving. I'm not as brave as hubby, so I prefer a quieter horse, where as hubby likes a bit of a challenge. I am very happy with how things have worked out with Tony, and the drive to Indiana to pick him up, along with having to fatten him up, was certainly worth it!

Thought some of you might like to see what it is exactly that we do with our minis. Here is a short video clip I put together. The video in this was just taken with my digital camera, so the quality isn't the best. The picture below I thought was really pretty, the way it shows him driving on the hill, so am including that also.

Video clip.
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=48b3db9a.pbr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Premier Cat

He is such a beautiful little mini. He looks so proud of himself while he's pulling the cart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That little guy can move! He looks like a natural! And he's so very handsome.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Tony's a little cutie! And such a lovely view you have to look at every day.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
His face is so adorable! You can't tell he's haveing a great time
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Premier Cat

Tony looks soo happy!

Geri, that link in your post didn't work on my computer, so I took the liberty of getting this one -
http://s101.photobucket.com/flash/playe ... 285470.flv

Hope you don't mind

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Cat Addict

Tony is beautiful and so is the scenery. Do you usually take them for drives right at your home or do you go places with them? That buggy looks like an interesting piece of machinery. Did you make it?

Sue

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13
Tony is beautiful and so is the scenery. Do you usually take them for drives right at your home or do you go places with them? That buggy looks like an interesting piece of machinery. Did you make it?
Back where we moved from, we had a much more flat property, and it was 20 acres. We kept our hay fields mowed, plus we lived on a dead end road, so we always just drove around home. Here, we are on a very hilly property, with only a couple flat areas. We can easily make a round around our property, and down the road, but that's about it. We have 4 acres of woods that we hope to get a bunch of trails in eventually. We'll probably end up trailering to drive more here than we had to back at the other place.

We just met a neighbor this weekend who lives about a 1/2 mile from us. Her and her sister have driving minis to, and we plan to get together for some trail drives with them as well!

The cart is an EZ-entry cart. We had them made by someone who makes very nice carts, they fit our boys well, and are very comfortable to ride in.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Tom Cat

Such a pretty horse!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page