I've Got The Itchies!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I've Got The Itchies!!

It's soooo bad! Yesterday night there was mosquito in my room & it bit me a few times & I eventually killed it after several attempts. Then another one flew around. I didn't kill it but I was fine for another hour so thought it went away. I woke up this morning & I was eaten alive!

I've got a bite on my arm & tons on my legs. Usually I can withstand the itch but the big moundy looking ones itched so bad I put some aloe cream on them & that made it more itchy & I actually itched them

Every time I move my legs it itches! I can't cross my legs or walk anywhere without my legs feeling like there is something feathery crawling around making me miserable. Why do mosquitoes love me so much? If I am next to anyone, the mosquito will always pick me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Cool Cat

Eat more garlic!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Cat Addict

Speaking of mosquito bites..........how in the heck do you get rid of the itchies anyway? I bought something from the drugstore called "After Bite". The main ingredient is ammonia. It really doesn't work all that great although it IS better than nothing. Anyone have any suggestions???

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
I got eaten alive at my new backyard the other day. Now I have giant welt like spots on my legs. The biggest one is about the size of a quarter, I showed them to my Dr. and he said that I'm highly allergic and the best thing to stop the itch besides benadryl was to get some baking soda and make a paste by adding water to it. He said to apply it to the spots everytime the itch. Luckily I've been at home so I can walk around with crusty legs! Good luck with your bites, now if I could get these spots to go away before I head to the beach on Thursday!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Bekki - Does the doctor know your highly allergic by just looking at the bites? I'm thinking sometimes I'm allergic too, my bites get HUGE

Oh & I do eat plenty of garlic lol

The itch has calmed down after my shower but I just got bit again on my arm. Uhmmm, anyways I'm moving rooms for now.

This is seriously going to ruin my week. Why do these things always happen when you have something going on? Last week I even got a few bites under my foot!! Can you believe that?

Oh & about the itch, I've never tried Benadryl. My mom used to make a home concoction with pure aloe that worked ok. Otherwise, this is going to sound really strange.....I draw a circle around the bite & tell myself to not go inside the circle? Try it, it might work!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Tom Cat

I know it's not healthy for me - but I go to a tanning salon fairly regularly when it starts to get warm each year. I don't know if it's the STUFF I use when I tan, or I'm just not tasty - but I've not gotten bit from a bug in literally YEARS.

My mom uses aloe and she's used Calamine lotion as well.

Feel better soon!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Premier Cat

I hope you feel better soon. I'm allergic to biting insects, too, and the darn things love me. I use benadryl, and rub Dr. Tichenor's on the bites. Baking soda paste sometimes, also.

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Cat Addict

Try "Sting Stop" - the homeopathic ointment (health food store or drug store). It works really well - takes about ten minutes or so to start working, but then it really does make the itching subside, and for a long time, too...It is especially useful right before bed, so you don't scratch in your sleep.

Fran
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Cool Cat

If I have an itch I can't scratch, I usually scratch the same place on the opposite side. So if my right arm itches, I scratch my left arm.

Except for some reason I never scratch my left palm, under any circumstances, it's bad luck. I have no idea why.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

I got bitten a few times in France, and I used a pen device with almost 40% ammonia in it. It worked perfectly.

Cold water can also help. Have a cold bath/shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page