Lords n ladies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Lords n ladies

It's medieval faire time again! Och,these affairs maketh my Summer! Forsooth,I love the jousting,juggling,mud shows,music,and food! (advisory,wait till evening to have a turkey leg,they need time to cook) It's like going back in time,and at some fests,you can even bring your pets! There's just SO MUCH-glass blowing,falconry,craftsmen...HUMAN CHESS! Any faire-goers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Cool Cat

I've rarely had the opportunity, but I do love it when I can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Premier Cat

I've got costumes for myself and a kilt/plaid for hubby. We haven't attended, yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
if you get involved with the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) there are events every month or so, year long. sometimes even more frequently. with various activities that happen during every week (Like arts and sciences nights, Rapier or Archery) its alot of fun...a good hobby to have to pass the time
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
I love the faire! In GA they only come once a year now, and I went this year and had a blast! I didn't dress up this time but I plan on making my own pirate/wench/tomboy costume! I wanna be a pirate but not a captain jack that I see and I don't wanna be a typical wench. I have an idea in my head so my seamstress friend and I are gonna make the costume. As for turkey legs, my my my, they are wonderful! I can spend two-three full weekends at the faire just watching the people! Have fun at yours!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

I've been to King Richard's Faire in Carver (I think, maybe Plymouth), MA. It's a lot of fun, but I hate the way they manage the food. You have to buy tickets up front and if you don't use them all, you're stuck with them, unless you know someone who's going after you to sell them to. And they never seem to have enough...one year I stood on 4 or 5 different lines and had them shut the line down a person or two before it was my turn saying it was going to be a half hour before they had more. It was ridiculous. I haven't been back since then.

I do love the mud show though. Maybe it's time to check it out again, it's been years, maybe they've improved things....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
We have a fair in TX but I have never been to it. One day I will get the time to go.....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Tom Cat

Here in SE Michigan, it's the Renaissance Festival and I haven't missed it in almost ten years! Funny, I have my Ren Fest t-shirt from 2000 on today!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I so want to go! I've been trying for three years now, and something always prevents it. It was cancelled last year.

We go to the Highland Games quite often, though.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
I love them! I missed this years though
Our fair has different "country sections" and one year we got free food from the Scottish section because we were walking around with a pack of 5 border collies.
The fairs are so much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page