I've been laid off! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I've been laid off!

So, er, yeah. That sums it up. What an odd feeling. I don't know if my life just got simplified or difficultified. Hm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

I thought you gave your notice and were working this other great shift until you left?

So sorry you were laid off. Perhaps the other job you applied for will come through.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I thought you gave your notice and were working this other great shift until you left?

So sorry you were laid off. Perhaps the other job you applied for will come through.
In May I had the funds to make a huge change in my life, like a big move or a job change. They asked me to stay (then demoted me) and now those funds are gone. So it's a bit financially unhappy. Ah well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry. I know you loved your new position and co-workers. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm tired, you row for a while.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Premier Cat

I'm come with a motor for your boats, if I could. I"m sorry that you were laid off.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I'm so sorry. I know you loved your new position and co-workers. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm tired, you row for a while.
Sounds good Where shall we go? As long as I have something to do & know my place, I'm happy.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
((hugs))
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticborders
((hugs))
Thanks Now that I'm getting over feeling dazed, I know it's the best thing. The behavior and problems there never would have changed, and I would have kept lingering because of some of the amazing benefits offered. Now I can move on to a healthier job, one where I'm treated better, and know my place more. I kept lingering there when I shouldn't have, out of loyalty/gratitude for benefits/hope...now, I can peacefully go, guilt free, into a new job. yay!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Tom Cat

Sorry to hear this You can join the job hunt with me. I'm in the same boat with Marie, I'm burned out on resume sending and searching and leads that never turn into anything.

Robin and...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I believe that all things work together for good, although it certainly doesn't feel that way when you lose your job. Good luck to both you and Marie. I pray that you find a job you will love, one where you will be appreciated.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page