Tom Cat

Happy Independence Day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
Hope everyone had a good one!!! We just got done with watching the fireworks here!!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Premier Cat

Happy 4th of July!

cats leave paw-prints on your heart
It takes a cat to turn a house from a cold building into a warm home.
Cats teach us it's the simplest things that really matter
John
eternal angel Arianwen
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Premier Cat

We had so much fun today!!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

It was a good 4th for me. I did not see any fireworks or anything, but I was at a friend's and spent some time in the pool. Now I could not find my sunscreen and figured no more than 2 hours in the pool before the peak sun hours would not be a problem. Well, I was quite wrong!

front

back

This was by far the worst side of me. Right now, it has ligthed up a bit. Despite its nasty appearance, it is not that painful. It has a slight tingle to it but the majority if the discomfort comes from the dry skin. So today, I am going to get some aloe to put on it.

After getting out of the pool, I just relaxed and had some chow. Took a little nap and then just relaxed in the evening. There was not too much home fireworks being discharged here probably because gas prices have curtailed such purchases. As a result, the kitties were not all nervous and the air did not smell bad from all the fireworks.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969

This was by far the worst side of me. Right now, it has ligthed up a bit. Despite its nasty appearance, it is not that painful. It has a slight tingle to it but the majority if the discomfort comes from the dry skin. So today, I am going to get some aloe to put on it.
When it does start to hurt, I have a friend who SWEARS by unsweetened, condensed milk. I think she adds a few cans to her bathwater. Never tried it myself, I don't do well in direct sun or heat for long periods (I am such a delicate flowah), so I rarely get the opportunity to get burned.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969

When it does start to hurt, I have a friend who SWEARS by unsweetened, condensed milk. I think she adds a few cans to her bathwater. Never tried it myself, I don't do well in direct sun or heat for long periods (I am such a delicate flowah), so I rarely get the opportunity to get burned.
So far, the worst is over. It never did hurt. Rather it just felt like a very mild rope/rug burn. Since I do not take baths, only showers, I doubt the condensed milk would be of any help to me.

I can handle the heat and sunlight quite well. My problem is that I burn so darned easily! When I was in Centralia during May of this year, I got a burn on my neck only that blistered. Yet it did not feel all that bad. Yesterday, I obviously was wearing my bathing suit when I got burnt and as always, my shoulders got bore the brunt of it. Now I also got the patch down my back burnt but I barely notice that. And even so, my other shoulder is not quite as red as the one pictured. I suspect that since I lay on my sides during sleep, that is why the shoulders feel somewhat more aggravated. Simply put, far more of my body got burnt wearing my bathing suit than just my neck burn in Centralia. Yet I guess I am lucky that I have a high tolerance for sunburn pain. As said above, it is the dryness that is the most uncomfortable and as such, aloe is my best friend!

But whatever the case, I still had fun at the pool regardless of my burn or not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page