Pics of our new lil' Peanut! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Pics of our new lil' Peanut!

Sorry for the nearly week-long hiatus. Taking on the responsibility of a new pup has been a somewhat time consuming. Between work, kids, housecleaning and just wanting to chill out and relax in the evenings I've avoided the forum. I don't know how some of you find it in your schedules to be involved in multiple forums!

Things have been going pretty good with Peanut, except for a few accidents which were our fault because we lost track of time and weren't watching her close enough.

We took her to the dog park here in town (Dakota Bark Park) last Thursday night. It's very convenient, only a mile or so from our house. Of course, we'd never been there before since we never had a dog before. It was quite interesting. Ken and I got to meet quite a few new people who claim to be regulars at the park and Peanut was enjoying every minute of strutting her stuff. Just by watching her interact with the other dogs, I don't think she's gonna let anyone step on her toes!

The rest of our 4th of July weekend was hot and humid (YUK!) with more of the same for the next couple days.

Ken and I both took today off from work; it's our 7th anniversary on the 7th. We thought it would be nice to have a 4-day weekend, especially with the new dog. A day off is about the only reason I have time right now to post pics. We're heading off to lunch after this and then back home to take Peanut out to potty. Wish us luck on wrapping this potty training thing up soon!

Without further ado, let me introduce you to Peanut!...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Cat Addict

She looks like such a little darling! Is she as good with your kids as she looks in the pictures? No wonder you couldn't resist her.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13
She looks like such a little darling! Is she as good with your kids as she looks in the pictures? No wonder you couldn't resist her.
She's wonderful with the kids! She absolutely loves running back and forth through the yard with them. Everybody gets exercise that way! My daughter Emma almost can't go anywhere through the house without Peanut. It's kind of cute how she picked her to be a buddy so far (well, her and my husband).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Premier Cat

Peanut is adorable!

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
OH my goodness! What a little sweetheart!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Premier Cat

Peanut is so darned adorable!!! What a good puppy that lets her girls hold her. She would have come home with me too if I had seen her.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Adoreable.

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Tom Cat

What a sweetie! Peanut looks like she loves your children!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Cat Addict

AWE! A Sheltie!!! I love shelties! What a cutie too.

Just a word of advice from a concerned dog lover. Avoid the dog park until she's had all three of her puppy vaccine series. She's not fully protected and parvo is rampant in places like that. Just the vet tech in me talking.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobster
Just a word of advice from a concerned dog lover. Avoid the dog park until she's had all three of her puppy vaccine series. She's not fully protected and parvo is rampant in places like that. Just the vet tech in me talking.
Thanks for the advice! She's due for the second set of shots on the 14th. The thing I'm wondering, though, is with 6 or so people and their dogs that I saw, having told me that they're "regulars" you would think their dogs would be vaccinated, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page