Tiger is gone.. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Tiger is gone..

It looks like Tiger went thru the screen door and escaped!!!, Alexis went to bed at 3:00 am and she doesn't know whether Tiger had escaped or not, I am dying here guys, I can't stop crying, I don't know what to do, I have looked for him everywhere, I called the shelters, have put up flyers, and he is nowhere to be found, I have asked everyone, Oh my gosh I really really feel like I am dying here.
I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Maria, I am so sorry. I know you must be worried sick. This should help you to find him. It's from the Sticky Forum. God bless Tiger and bring him home, and God bless you. I so hope it works! I'm praying for both of you.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7722

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Premier Cat

I'm really sorry this has happened. I know how frightening it can be. Toby's done a runner twice now. However, both times he did come home on his own accord, despite not being an outdoor cat. Its very possible Tiger might come home when he is hungry on his own. Tiger will know where he lives.

In the meantime - have you checked everywhere in the home? All the little nooks and crannys he cold have gotten too. He could just be sleeping in a little hidey hole somewhere. Are you 100% he is out?

Also, does he come when he is called? It might be worth going around the neighbourhood calling him to see if he comes running.

Does he have a collar on or microchip?

How long has he been missing? The time difference makes it difficult to me to calculate.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh my gosh I can't think straight, all I can think of is that he is out away from home, hurt or worse..
I have walked everywhere around here, I have put up flyers, I have called the police, the shelters, all the vets in the area, I even had my neighbors look and nothing.
I am pretty sure he is out, Alexis shut the back door and she didn't realize the screen was broken, I did when I woke up this morning, the time frame? well Alexis went to bed at 4:00 am and she doesn't recall seeing him, he was with me in bed around 12:00 midnight, I woke up at 6:45 am wondering how come he wasn't sleeping with me, I am having a meltdown, I don't know what to do. I seriously want to die!!!
He is not chipped or have a collar, but has all his shots...
I am sick worried because he NEVER goes outside, he doesn't know how to come back, and I did called him while searching but nothing, he doesn't know his surroundings, I did leave food outside and left the gate open hoping he'll come back.
I am thinking the worst..

Maria
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Premier Cat

He is very likely to be just out having fun. Not that thats any comfort to you. It wasn't to me either!

Just stop for a moment and breathe.

When is his next mealtime due? Has he missed one already?

He will know how to get back. Cats always do. Toby did and he doesn't go outside either.

Believe me, I know how terrifying this is but I'm sure you will find him. I assume he isn't declawed? I remember Rocket going missing and he was found a day or so later stuck up a tree. Might be worth looking up ..

"FIV != PTS"

Allie and Ridley

post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Premier Cat

Maria, you're doing everything you could possibly do and now the agony is just waiting. It seems like every time this happens to someone, the cat does come home within a pretty short amount of time. I do believe, like Ally said, that they know where they live. Our neighbor's cat always know where he lives, in spite of living in a townhouse complex where every house looks exactly the same.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to MelissaC
He will come back. Don't worry. I had a cat gone for a month and he came back. They seem to have this radar thingy for where they live. I'm sure he's just out playing.
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yeah he has, he missed breakfast and barely touched dinner.
I don't think he is having fun, he fears the outside, like I said I can't quit crying, I had an interview today and didn't go, I didn't show up for work and I am not planning on working until I find him, I mean how can I go to work or do anything when he is lost?
Oh my gosh..

Maria
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

Just remember, these kitties of ours are hunters. The birds, squirrels, and rabbits in your neighborhood are the ones who should be afraid!

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertweeky
Yeah he has, he missed breakfast and barely touched dinner.
I don't think he is having fun, he fears the outside, like I said I can't quit crying, I had an interview today and didn't go, I didn't show up for work and I am not planning on working until I find him, I mean how can I go to work or do anything when he is lost?
Oh my gosh..
Oh yes he will. He will be having lots of fun. While you are there terrified about whats happening I bet Tiger is having the time of his life, the little toerag. Frightening his Mommy like he is.

He is not lost yet. He is just out. How long before his dinnertime?

"FIV != PTS"

Allie and Ridley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page