Another lost traveler wanders in - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Another lost traveler wanders in

I'm sorry I've not been around so much lately, but with all thats been going on (good stuff, really), I seem to keep running out of time before I run out of things to do!

But, for the last few weeks, just about every evening, I've been working on making a new friend. Unless I find out different (such as finding his home and real name), this is Hercules

He's been hanging around the neighborhood for about 3 weeks now, and I think is spending his nights in Cabela's old doghouse. I believe that he'd been snatching what leftover food he could get from other dogs bowls, till I started feeding him 3 days ago.

I actually thought that he was better fed than he was, because he looked so thick. But, it turns out he's quite skinny for his build, he's just build like a 4 legged truck. But, he's very, very timid. Only this afternoon did he take food from my hand and stick around for a couple of seconds for a few quick scratches on the chin.

We've come a long way, and now, I can sit in a lawn chair and he will sit nearby. For now, this seems to be our distance.

I'm hoping that in a few more days to a week we can hit it off enough to get him to the vet. The last 2 dogs to show up here have been microchipped and both got to go home. But if this fellows not that lucky, he's welcome to just keep hanging out around here for as long as he likes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, Hercules looks like a dog to be reckoned with! It's great that you're making friends with him. How do you keep attracting these stray animals? Just lucky?

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Premier Cat

Hercules you are a very cute!! He looks like an Australian Cattle Dog mix, what do you think Mike?

I hope that he sticks around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

Mike what a beautiful cattle dog. They are so smart. I hope he is microchipped and not dumped. They are such high energy dogs.

Friends of mine had a cattle dog wander up to their office. They adopted him. Boomer tried to herd their two cats for a couple years. It was a diffacult transition. But now thru much training and patience he is a therapy dog and gets along with the cats.

Im glad Hercules wandered up to your house! He must of seen the sign. Free meals & lots of love!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Wow, Hercules looks like a dog to be reckoned with! It's great that you're making friends with him. How do you keep attracting these stray animals? Just lucky?
It's the photograph. Believe it or not, he only stands about knee-high to me and doesn't weigh any more than 40 pounds, he just looks really big in the picture. He is just one of the most solidly built little dogs I've ever seen.

And, it's Cabela's old house....strays love her house. I think she's still around, guiding them here
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
Hercules you are a very cute!! He looks like an Australian Cattle Dog mix, what do you think Mike?

I hope that he sticks around.
That is just exactly what my neighbor said (and she's dog people), so I'm pretty sure your right
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm glad she found you, Mike! And I'm glad WE found you. You were missed. Good luck with Hercules.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Tom Cat

Bless his heart - YOURS TOO!!! Hope he comes around and understands that you care about him. He's a sweetie.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Oh what a handsome blue heeler! Look at the intelligence in his expression.

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Cat Addict

Very beautiful dog! My guess on breed would be blue heeler mixed with something else (maybe German shepherd???). If he's only 40 or so pounds now he may not be done growing. He seems so broad-shouldered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page