bad day update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

bad day update

i sware aniamls know when its a weekend. today i wake up to sassie(dog) acting sick well she was bad enough for me to be a total mess all day worring about her. all day has been should we take her to the vets or can we wait till tomarow when they are open.

we took her to the vets. she had her 3rd eye lids half up and she moped around couldnt get comfertable was drooling it was so hard to watch. so we get to the vets and im thinking she is dieing and about ready to cry (something i had been trying to avoid all day) and the vet noticed how sick she was to. sassie has clocoma and her persure in her eye was 60 when normal is 20 my poor baby is in so much pain. $200 and my baby is sleeping and seems to feel a little better after some pain meds and pepcid ac im a little less stressed out but we are not out of the woods yet she mite loss that eye. the vet said that she either has some vison or none at all in that eye my poor baby. sassie is 12ys old.

sorry no spell checker and i cant find one that will work with windows 98 ya i am using an old comp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
awww well i am glad she is feeling better and you are a good momma for taking her to the vet. you are lucky it was only $200, someone was watching out for you up there because the starting costs for most impromptu vet visits today are around that.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

here is a pic of her today you can see her eye it did not look like that last night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Premier Cat

Awe poor sweetie. How old is she? Losing an eye isnt the end for her if she is young right? Its so hard when our pets are sick. Because you cant tell where they really are health wise since they cant communicate it. Things can take a turn for the worse so fast so its stressful dealing with it.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

she is 12yrs old
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Premier Cat

She does not look 12!!! Looks very healthy.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Cat

Aww poor girl, hopefully she'll bounce back to her normal self even if she suffers from sight loss. Alot of animals bounce back once they get the hang of their sudden handicap.

I'm rooting for her.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Bless her heart! I hope the meds help.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Premier Cat

Poor thing. I'm glad that they were able to get her pain under control. From what I have heard dogs do really well with only one eye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

well today she is acting almost normal its a good sign. her eye looks a little better not much but i think the eye droops are working a bit. she ate last night and has barking at any nosie she can lol thats a good thing. we have another apointment for tomarow to recheck the presure in her eye. actuly the $200 was not that bad we spent $120 at the vets and another 79 at the human pharmacy just for the eye drops.

i realy cant spell lol she has glucoma (still probly not right). i know that dogs do well with one eye and even do prety good being blind but its still hard for me becuse i whouldnt want that to happen to me so i really hate for her to have to.

the sad thing about the money is that we had to scrap that up and well she will more than likely need more stuff and im not sure were im going to come up with it but i will i have alway found ways to help my aniamls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page