The EPA & GWB - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The EPA & GWB

Climate change puts US way of life at risk: EPAReuters
Published: Thursday July 17, 2008

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, under fire for apparently discounting the impact of climate change, on Thursday said global warming poses real risk to human health and the American way of life.

Risks include more heat-related deaths, more heart and lung diseases due to increased ozone and health problems related to hurricanes, extreme precipitation and wildfires, the agency said in a new report.

The study comes on the heels after an off the cuff remark from President George W. Bush at a G8 summit last week, where he ended a private meeting with the quip, "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter," before punching the air.

The EPA doesn't agree.

OMG.......only six more months to go with that doofuss as 'leader of the free world'.

Sorry, but this just irked me to no end.

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Premier Cat

January can't come fast enough. I am so scared about the situation that our country is in right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Banned

Well, seeing as how I suspect the new President is going to be tested by another big terrorist attack, I can stand the wait. January can take its own sweet time getting here. But I suspect it won't.

The parties are already running McCain and Obama ads and they haven't even been nominated yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

Re: The EPA & GWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
]The study comes on the heels after an off the cuff remark from President George W. Bush at a G8 summit last week, where he ended a private meeting with the quip, "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter," before punching the air.
It's a portrait in miniature of how it seems to me our President has treated his Presidency: it's all a big joke.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Banned

lol @ "The American Way of Life". I could come up with a few reasons why that SHOULD end.

As for GWB, he's proved time and time again that he hasn't the intelligence to run a burger van, let alone a major country. It also proves that the millions who voted for him in the 04 elections are as stupid as he is.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster
Well, seeing as how I suspect the new President is going to be tested by another big terrorist attack, I can stand the wait. January can take its own sweet time getting here. But I suspect it won't.

The parties are already running McCain and Obama ads and they haven't even been nominated yet.
err where've you been? Even living 3000 miles away, I know that they have been nominated...

Plus, I'm sure if another attack does happen, the US military will go and invade Iran.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Nominations aren't official until the democratic and republic conventions coming up. That's why you hear that stupid phrase "the presumptive nominee" all the time.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Banned

I live 3000 miles away, how am I supposed to know

It also amazes me that it takes 2 months to move house (essentially, that's all it is isn't it?
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hugh, a lot of people HERE don't know that!

And that two-month period? That's why he's considered a "lame duck" president from the time of the election of a new president until the swearing in.

Quote:
2: an elected official or group continuing to hold political office during the period between the election and the inauguration of a successor
But he's actually been lame for about 8 years.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
But he's actually been lame for about 8 years.
And ducking for a lot longer than that!

Mick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page