Made it.. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Made it..

Hello everyone!

So we made it to Las Vegas, we will be here until Monday then we will be leaving to California.. It is hot here!! (doh!), I am trying to have fun but I can't quit thinking about Tiger being home alone, my aunt is coming twice a day to feed, scoop and love him up but I miss him terribly, he survived 4 days out there and I know he will be OK but I worry! I love him very much and I miss not having him next to me...

I am going to bed now I am VERY tired and tomorrow is Mandalay's Bay lazy river for hopefully most of the day..

I am such a cry baby!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Premier Cat

Maria, I can sure relate to missing him and worrying about him while you're out of town. I'm convinced I'll never have another truly great vacation until I'm about 80 and don't have a cat anymore. Somehow we've got to get over this! Here are some thoughts for your consideration:

--Think of it this way: The fact that you're still able to take and enjoy a vacation is one of the reasons you're willing to have a pet. By still enjoying vacations, you're just exercising your right to do something you reserved the right to do. If it weren't for that, Tiger might not have a home at all.

--They're cats. He may get bored (in which case he'll probably just fall asleep), but they don't "miss" us like we do them. He probably just detects that something's new with the household routine, but I've got to believe that because he was left in the house, he knows you'll be coming back. It's not like he's being boarded where he could very well think he's lost his home.

--I've been told, and I'd like to research this a little more, that cats have a very poor sense of time. You being away for 5 days probably feels roughly the same as you being away for a weekday, I've been told.

--By arranging for the cat sitter, you're giving Tiger a chance to get to know someone else. That's probably good for him, in terms of having a new person to smell, get familiar with, and play with a little differently.

--Again, would you have gotten a cat if someone had said you could never take a vacation again? No. So you're just doing what you planned to do, and Tiger should be thanking you for getting some rest, relaxation, and change of scenery so you can come back and continue to be a great cat-mommy.

--Keep in mind that even when you're home, they often go off by themselves for hours at a time. Even the most affectionate of cats, like Murphy, seeks out his alone time. It's very possible that if you were home at this moment, Tiger wouldn't even want anything to do with you.

Convinced?

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Enjoy, Maria. I'll probably never get to go. So, have fun for me too.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Premier Cat

Maria have a great time. Your aunt is probably spoiling him and he is enjoying having the whole house to himself!

Jeanie there are always cheap flights into LV. The city subsidizes it. You must go. I dont gamble and have had great times there. So much to do and they made it much more family oriented so there is a wide variety of events.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
It's too far to fly. Chicago --1 1/2 hours, is as far as I've flown. I have a good friend who would put me up, I'm sure. Maybe I could take the train.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Maria,

You are going to be so mad at yourself when you get home and everything's fine and you wasted your vacation worrying!

Relax and have some fun, girl!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

You are all so supportive here, I don't know what I would do without you!!
I am currently in LA and it is so nice here, not burning hot as it was in Las Vegas, it is breezy at night woo!!
Last night I kept waking up, having nightmares about Tiger escaping, what's my problem??
I am having a better time now though.
And no I didn't win any money
I am calling my aunt now to see how my Tiger is doing, I have called her so many times, I may just call Valerie (Spiky's care taker) and ask her so my aunt doesn't think I am a freak even though I am!!!

Maria
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Tom Cat

Enjoy your self while on your vacation. I know it's hard to not think about your Tiger. I go on frequent weekend trips and leave my Duchess alone for two nights at a time but she is always glad to see me when I get home. Tiger will be happy to see you and will bear no grudge.

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Maria, I can sure relate to missing him and worrying about him while you're out of town. I'm convinced I'll never have another truly great vacation until I'm about 80 and don't have a cat anymore. Somehow we've got to get over this! Here are some thoughts for your consideration:

--Think of it this way: The fact that you're still able to take and enjoy a vacation is one of the reasons you're willing to have a pet. By still enjoying vacations, you're just exercising your right to do something you reserved the right to do. If it weren't for that, Tiger might not have a home at all.

--They're cats. He may get bored (in which case he'll probably just fall asleep), but they don't "miss" us like we do them. He probably just detects that something's new with the household routine, but I've got to believe that because he was left in the house, he knows you'll be coming back. It's not like he's being boarded where he could very well think he's lost his home.

--I've been told, and I'd like to research this a little more, that cats have a very poor sense of time. You being away for 5 days probably feels roughly the same as you being away for a weekday, I've been told.

--By arranging for the cat sitter, you're giving Tiger a chance to get to know someone else. That's probably good for him, in terms of having a new person to smell, get familiar with, and play with a little differently.

--Again, would you have gotten a cat if someone had said you could never take a vacation again? No. So you're just doing what you planned to do, and Tiger should be thanking you for getting some rest, relaxation, and change of scenery so you can come back and continue to be a great cat-mommy.

--Keep in mind that even when you're home, they often go off by themselves for hours at a time. Even the most affectionate of cats, like Murphy, seeks out his alone time. It's very possible that if you were home at this moment, Tiger wouldn't even want anything to do with you.

Convinced?
Dang girl you typed a lot, THANK YOU!
You made a lot of sense!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page