3:30am, What do you do when you can't fall asleep? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

3:30am, What do you do when you can't fall asleep?

Usually when I can't fall asleep it is one of three things, each with a different remedy.
My brain won't turn off, in which case I get up and write a list of the things swirling in my head so I can fall asleep knowing I won't forget them and they'll be waiting for me in the morning to address.
Health problems, and I just have to wait for them to work their course.
Hungry, so I will get up and either have hot Ovaltine (w/ Bailey's in winter) and toast or a few saltine crackers and water. Just enough to make my belly not feel so empty.

*just finished some crackers and water, off to try to get to sleep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Cat Addict

I work shifts so my sleep 'schedule' changes every week. Beer and television usually puts me out. When that fails I do these foot stretching exercises that I found on a holistic insomnia cures website years ago. It's supposed to relax and tune the whole body for sleep, and it actually works most of the time.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have one of those little daily calendars that are New York Times crossword puzzles, so I'll work on one or two or three until I get tired. My RLS is out of control right now. Finally fell asleep around 4 a.m. this morning and Cleo threw up an hour later. Second night in a row. And, yes, she's the kitty who shares my pillow.

Stop laughing.

At least this morning, the hairball came with it.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Cat Addict

I just love rolling onto a cold squishy hairball, almost as much fun as stepping on one.

-steve

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, believe me, I wake up at the first gag, but couldn't get her off the bed in time either night. She's just a two-gagger and it's over.

Cinderella, on the other hand, has a marching band, an emcee, and a special guest list for her hairballs. It's a big production number.

Wow, I've gone horribly off topic.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 AM
Banned

Best off topic post ever though

I read a bit, or I listen to some nice relaxing music, or I stick on a dvd.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Cat

When I can't sleep, I design things in my head. I'm currently "working" on the best hedgehog home ever, with warming pads, digging boxes, painted backgrounds, a real lawn area and twinkling star lights at night. I also have mental plans for a bridge & skyscraper cat tree extravaganza so Giz can play Godzilla, and a pirate-themed crow's nest scratching-pole/climbing tree.

I really should sketch them out some day, maybe even build them.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Cool Cat

When I can't sleep, I spend my lottery winnings.

Usually by the time I spend my first couple of million I am pretty drowsy.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I got NO sleep at all last night. Just up/down and tossing/turning.

I know WHY, though.... I'm certain it was the Mr. Pibb sodapop I had with dinner at the restaurant. I know better than to have soda after 4pm... I bet my nap today will be a doozy!

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Cool Cat

If I'm stressed, I make a list, too If I'm achy, I reflop all of my pillows in different positions on the other end of the bed and then reflop myself. If my mind's busy...I spend lottery winnings too I know exactly how much I'll give to friends and family and charity, but I haven't decided what I'll spend my share on yet. If I'm depressed or upset, I get online and distract myself until my eyes burn and head nods and I can't think straight and I'm so tired I want to die. Then sometimes I can sleep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page