The Dark Knight - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The Dark Knight

Did anyone else see it? I thought it was a wonderful movie!!!! Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker was amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
I watch it last night. Best Batman movie yet!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Premier Cat

I just saw this last weekend. It was a good movie but I have never seen the other Batman movies out there. Heath Ledger playing Joker really made the movie fabulous.

Maybe because I went there at a late showing or because I just ate dinner & that makes me more sleepy but I felt that this movie wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie but I don't know about for all time. Maybe because we went in there with extremely high expectations hearing that this movie is passing up Godfather & Titanic on the top 250 list of all time movies.

I also like Maggie Gyllenhaal but I think they could of picked another girl for the role.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
I saw it last weekend and I thought it was really good as did my husband
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Premier Cat

I'm probably going to watch it this weekend with flatmate. I have seen clips of the 'pencil trick' though ...

EDIT: I'd better remove the link as its a bit violent but go over to YouTube and type 'Dark Knight Pencil Trick' - the first one that comes up is good.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Senior Cat

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

Without giving too much away, there's a massive fuss here about it's rating. In the UK it was given a 12A cert. This basically means anyone over 12 can see it on their own. But under 12s have to have an adult with them, but they are entitled to go.
It contains the afore mentioned pencil trick, some pretty horrific makeup from burns, and a fair amount of close up threats with knives. IMO it in no way should it have been classified a 12A. It certainly should have been a 15.

We saw 6 and 7 year olds going to that film Some did not look happy at all. I was wincing at some of it, and I'm no softy.

I think most people assumed it was going to be like the previous Batman films, which were ok. I over heard one lady say "what happened to Robin?" Obviously thought it was going to be like the wonderfully over the top camp TV seres

Having said all that, I thought it was a bit long, but overall a good film. The entire cast was simply out-acted by the talents of the late Mr Ledger.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
yea one couple brought a baby to the movie!!!! I think it should be 15yr+ only allowed
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think this movie would be so huge if Heath Ledger hadn't died. I know how cynical that sounds, but there was certainly no "Oscar talk" about his performance until after he died, and filming had been completed for months. If there was no tragic death, I think this would just be another Batman movie.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

I'm not too sure about that actually Marie. Maybe you have a point about the oscars, but he was certainly one of the best people in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page