A real Scorpion for Trinity - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

A real Scorpion for Trinity

I found this little suprise while vacuuming. It's the AZ bark scorpion. It still creeps me out so I had to put it in a plastic bag.

See how well they blend in to neutral colors?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Cool Cat

I've seen guys like that around I like the black versions more. Thanks for the picture! I've NEVER seen or heard of them in the house before!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

This species is native to the Sonoran Desert. It is mainly a problem in AZ, though it has been found in a couple other areas in the Southwest. It's the most venomous species in the the U.S. It is a lot stronger than other species in North America . Most other species are harmless unless you are allergic to the venom. A sting from the bark is nasty. They get in houses with ease. They crawl through the smallest of cracks and in the tiny open areas in the window sill tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Senior Cat

They are here in Florida too. I remember being in the bathtub WITH one once.... I was about 12 and didnt know what it was and GRABBED it and threw it out of the tub. When it hit the floor I realized what it was and screamed for my mom. Must have come up through the drain. Creepy though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Premier Cat

OK.......................
I AM TOTALLY FLIPPING OUT!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Premier Cat

Ok......all of a sudden I'm feeling really foolish for whining about my harmless little beetles in the house this winter!

Seriously, how do people live with critters like that, and not to mention rattle snakes!

I was talking to friend of mine who lives in TX a while back, and during a phone conversation he was telling me how he sometimes carries a pistol with him because of all the rattlers in his area. Yeesh.........I had a non-poisonous snake take a short cut through one of my fences one day, and that gave me the willies!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
the same way we live with

Brown Recluse Spiders... look up the reaction to these bites...

and

Black widows

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Do you have brown recluses in Canada? I thought they were mainly confined to the midwest, South central, and South Eastern U.S. Luckily we don't have them here in AZ. We do have a couple other recluse species, the AZ Brown spider and the Desert Recluse. We have plenty of black widows. This spring, my brother foud his indoor cat with a black widow on two occassions. She was lucky not to be bit. We had a big hairy tarantula hanging out in our kitchen one evening. I have no idea how something that big got in the house! It was pretty shocking to find it! Some people have problems with Western Diamondbacks ending up in their yards but we haven't had that happen. We did have a bobcat in one of the neighborhoods in our area this spring. Of course we get coyotes on our street, sometimes in broad daylight when they are really hungry. Javelinas go in peoples yards as well. What kind of wildlife and creepy crawlies does everyone else experience?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
here a website with information on brown recluse and effect of the bites

http://www.brown-recluse.com/bitephotos.html
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNCraze86
They are here in Florida too. I remember being in the bathtub WITH one once.... I was about 12 and didnt know what it was and GRABBED it and threw it out of the tub. When it hit the floor I realized what it was and screamed for my mom. Must have come up through the drain. Creepy though...
Oh my gosh!!!
That is terrible!!!!

If I ever see a Scorpion in my house that'd be the end of me, I would seriously have a heart attack!!!!!!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page