Jeff Dunham's show was hilarous! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Jeff Dunham's show was hilarous!

He ended up playing to a packed house. It was awesome! Our seats were terrific. The lesser-known comedian he brought with was "guitar guy", Brian Haner. He's the guy who played the guitar while Achmed the Dead Terrorist sings "Jingle Bombs". BTW, Brian's son and a few friends have the band Avenged Sevenfold. I know I've heard that name before but I don't listen to that kind of music so I'm not familiar with any of it.

Brian did about 20 minutes or so of his own material, mostly having to do with his guitar, and he was really good. Then Jeff came out and, of course, the first puppet he brought out was Walter. When he put Walter away he brought out Achmed the Dead Terrorist and he even used some new material tonight that Brian hadn't heard yet, and you could tell because when Jeff made Achmed crack a joke Brian had all he could do to keep from busting out laughing.

His other characters were Peanut, Jose the Jalapeno and, last but not least, Bubba J. He said that he actually hadn't had Bubba J in his act very often any more but he had specifically gotten a request for him from somebody in the audience so he brought him out. He also used some cheat sheets for jokes because it had been so long, but the best part of that whole thing was that most of the audience shouted the punchlines as he did!

Ken and I each bought Achmed T-shirts and I took quite a few pictures but want to play with the settings on the camera because I accidentally hit a button tonight that cropped one of the pictures after I had already taken it and made it zoom in. That's a really cool feature that I didn't even realize the camera had so I want to play with it some more and see if I can get the rest of the pics to zoom in more before posting them.

The last thing that is really cool is Jeff's production company was videotaping the whole thing and they are going to use bits from tonight's show on his upcoming Christmas special for Comedy Central which begins airing something in November. It will be cool to watch it knowing some of it comes from here!

Anyway, well I suppose I'd better relax a bit and turn in. It's so true what they say about laughter being the best medicine. I laughed so hard for a couple of hours and I feel absolutely wonderful now. There's nothing like a good hard laugh!

Edited 'cuz it's late and I misspelled a couple words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Premier Cat

I'm glad you had a wonderful time!
h

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Banned

Sounds fun

I SO want to go to one of these things, but they're rarely anywhere near me but London, and also it's VERY expensive (for me anyway). If I had a choice of who to go and see, I would pick Jimmy Carr. The funniest person on the planet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Cool Cat

I saw him live several years ago. He is so funny and talented. There is a lot of funny footage of him on YouTube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page