Plagiarized Posts from Cat Forum - Please Read - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Plagiarized Posts from Cat Forum - Please Read

This thread had been created to share some unfortunate news yet again about plagiarized posts.

It appears that many of our threads/posts have been plagiarized and posted on another forum called http://www.tendlife.com/index.html

Member names and dates/times of posts seem to not have been copied, which makes it more difficult to search for your plagiarized posts. However, if you visit the site and notice you have had your words plagiarized, the "contact us" button on that site will take you to the admins e-mail address if you want to give them a piece of your mind.

Thanks, Tim, for bringing this to our attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

Do you want people to post here when they've found one? Cos the one called "Christmas eve with Cinderella" is almost word for word the same as Marie's

It's 12:12 a.m., officially Christmas. I had a wonderful evening with my sweet little Cinderella. We enjoyed turkey drumsticks (her fave!), a couple of greenies - she had them, not me!, a wild game with her new 5-in-1 laser toy, and tearing of tissue paper - almost more fun than a box! Then, at 12:00 midnight, she was relaxing on the foot of my bed, I knelt down and told her how much she meant to me, how since coming in to my life this past spring, life just seems to have more meaning, how much I like coming home after work, and everything just seems a little better with her. I was just getting all choked up telling her how much I love her when she put her cute little face really close to mine, stood up, turned around so her bum was in my face, and laid back down.
Yup, such a touching, lovely moment, I just had to share it with everyone.
Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I remember my first Christmas with Cinderella. On Christmas Eve, as soon as the clock hit midnight, she was on the end of my bed, and I knelt down beside her and told her how much I loved her and how much she meant to me. I was actually in tears. She put her nose next to mine, then stood up and put her butt in my face. I was devastated, but I when I posted here about it, I was reassured it was affection.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah, I saw that post too. To answer your question, You don't have to post everything you find here but if you want to mention members you know who have been plagiarized over there, that's fine, so they can take any action they want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Actually, this is sort of an indirect compliment to the Cat Forum. If the content here wasn't any good, nobody would be copying it.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Cat

A traceroute suggests that tendlife.com's hosting service is dreamhost.com. You could try contacting that hosting service and complaining.

traceroute to tendlife.com (208.97.172.19, 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
10 INTERNAP-NE.car1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (4.71.140.54) 111.680 ms 110.962 ms 111.524 ms
11 border20.po1-bbnet1.lax.pnap.net (216.52.255.37) 112.146 ms 111.685 ms 112.120 ms
12 newdream-8.border20.lax.pnap.net (216.52.220.146) 111.598 ms 111.645 ms 111.896 ms
13 apache2-kip.taffy.dreamhost.com (208.97.172.19 112.124 ms 112.552 ms 111.741 ms
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Premier Cat

Obviously we (the mods) discussed this before making an announcement, but personally I don't think contacting the webhost will do anything. There isn't a copyright on peoples words.

Something we have to learn and come to grips with is once you put anything on the internet you have lost control over it, may it be words or pictures.

However I think anyone who has been copied should drop this person an email, I'd love to see their reaction when they find they got caught.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Premier Cat

its bizarre how people think this is acceptable behaviour. but not a great deal we can do about it i guess ....

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Cat Addict

didn't we just go through all of this a few months ago?

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Yup. Some gimp thinks it's clever
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, it's word for word from the original post I made - shockingly called "Christmas Eve with Cinderella."

I don't know why this bothers me so much that I am in tears. Just like last time. Maybe it's just the thought of someone else having her in their life and not me. I think the other site copied the same post, too. A lot of my posts were copied.

I'm sure in an hour, this will turn to anger and in a couple days I'll realize how stupid it is to even care. It's the Internet and it's not like it's copyrighted. How pathetic that people can't be original and have their own thoughts and feelings.

Whoa, anger came quicker than I thought!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page