Cat themed books... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Cat themed books...

Has anyone read the Ratha series of "The Named"?

I have just ordered four books:

Ratha's Creature
Clan Ground
Thistle Chaser
Ratha's Challenge
...I saw Ratha's Courage listed somewhere because I wrote it down, but I could not locate it at the booksite...

I see Warriors has a new series starting, but they are in hardback. I'll have to wait for paperback.
h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I'll have to check those out...

Another Warriors series? Awesome!!! I am still on the first book of the New Prophency.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I also saw (at Erin Hunter's Warrior's homepage) that there are 2 or 3 new Manga books, like the one I sent you. ALSO at that site, was a book about a quest that Firestar goes on...looks completely new and seperate from the other series' of books.
The new series appears to be about Firestar's grandchildren from Bramblepaw and ...oh, I can't remember the girl-kitty's name, but it was a pretty one. Squirrelflight? I'll have to wait for them to come out in p'back.

I just recalled, with all this typing about homepages, that is where I saw the title of the 5th Ratha book. I think they were marketing it from that site as an eBook. I don't know what an eBook is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Senior Cat

I've never heard of any of these books. Are they newly published or have they been out for awhile?

I've been looking for another good series to read but have yet to find another that is as good as the last series I read.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Both of these series are considered Young Adult books. Like around Jr High age. The Warrior books are well written, I find them a little disturbing because the violence in these kitties' clan world closely resembles the violence in our own society. There are some deaths I found disturbing because in nature I just don't see it happening, but I do think the books are very good at depicting how society as a whole, is today.
Rather brutal, but kind, generous and loving, too.
The Warriors are fairly new on the book scene and growing in popularity. It will never reach Harry Potter status, but the kids at the library enjoy the books and keep them steadily checked out.

The Ratha series, I understand began in the early 80's and has been re-printed/released to revive with her newest publications of the series. Author is Clare Bell.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Banned

Just for info an eBook is an electronic version of a book. You'll get a file to download, and it's usually a PDF file.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Just for info an eBook is an electronic version of a book. You'll get a file to download, and it's usually a PDF file.
Be careful when doing this that you select a format that you can actually use. Some ebooks are reader-specific and if you don't have that reader, you can't read it.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for letting me know what an eBook is, I doubt I'll try it.

I like to surf at the computer, but to really READ... I need to be in the recliner or lounging in bed. I wouldn't enjoy having to sit in my office chair and stare at the computer monitor to read a book. I like to carry my books to wherever I wish to read.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Cool Cat

I think there are portable ebook devices these days, but it'll be a while yet until they're common I reckon.

Thanks for the book names, I'll have to add them to my "to read" list.

Silver Deer and...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I ordered the Ratha books last night, in addition to The Other Boleyn Girl and selected free, 3-day shipping, so I could have the books as early as the middle of next week.
I'll let everyone know how I find the Ratha books...however from reading the excerpts on the website, they appear to be very well written.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page