Wanted to share some pictures of my feathered kids too. BIG! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Wanted to share some pictures of my feathered kids too. BIG!

We've currently got 4 cockatiels and a Dusky conure (soon to get her a lady friend, as I'm a believer of same species friends).

Anyhoo, my favourite thing to do is take pictures of my pets, so I figured I'd share some of the burds. Anyone else have chickens they want to share pictures/storys of?

First, is my... male/male pair. Yes. Male/male. They love each other. The full yellow one is Frankie, he's 11 years old (I got him from a family that said they had no time for him 2 years ago). He has arthritis, fatty liver disease (which is getting better with diet and excercise), and a bad attitude. I love him. The yellow/grey one is Usi (means: smoke, named because I got him right after we pts our elderly cat Smokey). He's only 1 1/2, I got him when I worked at PetSmart (worst place to buy birds, they're usually all sick). He's sweet too, but is just head over heels for Frankie, and can't be bothered to cuddle with ME anymore.

Next we have Tully & Om. Tully is male, Om is a mystery but the breeder was sure he's a boy. We are waiting until it's first molt, or he starts to sing to find out for sure. Tully was from the same breeder as Om, Tully is 3 years old, Om was just born this March. They're not bonded yet, but they don't bully one another and it seems to be going well. Tully is the white faced grey, Om is the whitefaced pearl (speckled) one. If Om is a boy, he'll end up looking -exactly- the same as Tully. If Om is a girl, she'll keep the speckles. Bonus points to whomever can figured out what/who we named Om after!

And last, but certainly not least (especially if you ask her), is our conure Mokey (named after the Fraggle). She's silly, bad, loud, bad, loud, and a cuddler. Her favourite thing is telling me "up! up!" as she climbs onto my hand, then immediately going for snuggles under my chin while making kissing noises. I adore this bird. She's starting to talk, mostly "Ready?" "Mokey bird!" and I think today I heard her say "TickleTickle!".

My, what a big beak you have!

Tickle tickle!

She's just hanging out..

And their cages:
White cage is Frankie & Usi, the two green cages (L-R) Tully & Om, Mokey

The End!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Senior Cat

Another bird lover

I have

Snoopy, Sun Conure
Peanuts , Jenday Conure
Phoenix , Timneh Grey
Dezzy , Timneh Grey

And my brand new baby , Paddy a Black Winged Jardine

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Wanted to share some pictures of my feathered kids too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzby
Bonus points to whomever can figured out what/who we named Om after!
Omel. Androgenous character in a Jean Auel novel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Premier Cat

they are very pretty. lovely pics!!

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks guys.

Not quite, Heidi! But it was after a book character. Terry Pratchett book, actually.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page