Trying to write something romantic. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
ZAR
Cool Cat

Trying to write something romantic.

Yes well I'll tell you whats going on

It's my beloved's birthday on the 23rd of August, in December we would have been together a year. Anyways I've got all the other end of the birthday celebration organised but I plan to write her a letter, and well give it to her. I decided if this would be the best way, too much to say in words and probably wouldn't come out right at the time Anyways I'm aiming for this to be something really special and for her not to forget in a hurry, something even to make her heart melt, or even bring a tear to her eye

Now you probably think why am I posting this on the cat forum general talk well mainly because I know how many people are here with excellent views on things and opinions and maturity. I know the 23rd's a long way off but I'm going to start drafting soon on word maybe.

Anyone else here ever done something like that for their loved one, or got any advice for me? Thanks =) When I've written a good chunk of it here I'll probably share it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Premier Cat

My husband did this for me, before we were married, and on our first christmas together. He wrote a long beautiful poem, and then put it in a music box shaped like a heart. It was the best gift I had ever received from anyone! I still have it and the music box.

I think this is a wonderful idea, and very thoughtful of you!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Premier Cat

My Hubby has done that, too.
It won't matter if it isn't a perfect poem, as long as the sentiment and love shine through, the words don't really matter. It will be special because it was heart-felt and the person receiving it treasures it because of that.
Mine are kept in the Hope Chest he had built for my wedding present. ...along with all the cards and notes from over the years.
Married 15yrs this past April.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Premier Cat

This is such a thoughtful idea. If the words don't seem to be coming perhaps you could find a poem already written that will express your thoughts. You could find a book of poetry in the library, or even do a search on the internet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Awww, how sweet that you want to do something so special for your girlfriend! One idea I have is that you may want to choose a decorative paper...They sell them in dollar stores and craft stores. Good luck, and keep us updated (as long as she doesn't check the Cat Forum )!!!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
ZAR
Cool Cat

Thanks to all who have replied so far, it means a lot =] Well do you think a poem is a better idea than just like well writing I suppose. I know a poem can be just that. If I tell her of the spot not everything I wanted to say will come out, thats why I'm planning early so everything can come to me. Oh yeah, and no Megan she doesn't check the cat forum xDDD

Thanks once again =)

*keeps trying to think of other things to write down *
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
My husband use to mail me cards listing the reasons he loves me I still have all of them!! And on our wedding he left a card at my parents house for me telling me
Quote:
"To my bride. This is the happiest day of my life I cant wait to see you walking down the isle. I hope I never do anything that would cause you shame. I love you with all my heart and soul."
I cried and ruined all my makeup and had to redo it.
List the small things you love about her. Put the letter with a rose somewhere that she will find it (example- pillow, car, counter)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Premier Cat

I don't think it necessarily has to be a poem. Just let your heart do whatever it feels it needs to do, to get the words out that it wants to say (did that sound right? ).
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

You have a while to do this, so start paying close attention. Girls like when you notice things.

Like,

I love how your nose crinkles up when you smile.

I love it when you grab my hand when we're watching scary movies.

I love the way your hair smells when you step out of the shower.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

I suspect that if you mean what you say and you say it from the heart, it will be well-received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page